Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Assigned seating?

Assigned seating? 05 Sep 2001 18:26 #22958

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
I went to the movies in Ireland and wanted to buy a ticket for the show starting an hour and a half later. The tik gal said...."Where'd you like to sit?" And I said.....assigned seats? and she said oh yes!
I said...."Aisle seat on the left about halway down?" And out it popped. Went to dinner and came back as the trailers were running and walked into a sold out theatre where my seat was waiting right where I wanted it! I liked that a lot. Does anyone do this? Would it work here? Obviously you'd have to use good software and a pos but it sure had me pleased. What about reserving 20-30 seats for advance sales and selling them if no one rerserved them? Or simply another PITA (pain in the...........)

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Assigned seating? 06 Sep 2001 10:27 #22959

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
Resereved Seating bundled with Internet Ticketing, if I could buy online, pick my seat, print my ticket at home and just present it to the door man, that is a service I would use.

Greg Borr
Ready Theatre Systems

Re: Assigned seating? 06 Sep 2001 10:37 #22960

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
Wow! What a great idea! To be able to get your ticket early and the seat you want besides. The small town theater that I go to most often, has a tiny balcony and it fills up fast. The thought of being able to call your seat up there would be a great idea in deed. It would possible bring more people trying to vie for the good seats. Let the games begin.

Re: Assigned seating? 06 Sep 2001 12:47 #22961

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
I'm thinking of reseving just a number of seats.... 2 here..4 there....an aisle seat here and there. I'll talk to my wife: the boss! She greets ideas like this like Genghis Kahn visiting villagers on a bad day. There should a small and simple way. In Ireland everyone knows that when they buy a ticket it is for a certain seat and no other and they will be chucked the moment someone comes along..thing about the last time you tried to switch to an aisle seat with leg room on a long flight only to be herded back into your cramped seat between to jumbo guys.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Assigned seating? 06 Sep 2001 13:51 #22962

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
We are looking into a few different things with the software and reserved seating, unfortunately my partner greets ideas like this in a similar fashion to your wife!

Greg Borr
Ready Theatre Systems
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction