Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ticket headache

Ticket headache 30 Aug 2001 11:19 #22953

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
I recently read that online movie tickets are on the rise. Now I don't really know how this works but it seems to me that it would just be one big headache. Wouldn't you have to be hooked up to the to the provider? Then you would have to keep track of online sales as well as the ticket booth sales. If that is the case, and with all the rest of the things that have to be done while running a theater, it seems to me that it at least for a small town theater it wouldn't be worth the trouble. Do I have the right slant on this or am I missing something?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ticket headache 30 Aug 2001 21:41 #22954

Take2
I am with you as hard as it is to keep up with advance day ticket sales from the theatre's own box office I can't imagine trying to handle internet sales. my guess is that most major chains are hooking up to DSL or other broadband connections where they can stay online and the system checks with the online sales system. In my opinion a small town theatre would not have a need for online ticketing.

Re: Ticket headache 04 Sep 2001 07:57 #22955

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
There are several services and POS providers offering internet ticketing. The big three are www.movietickets.com - www.fandango.com and www.moviefone.com

Several POS providers are offering their own solutions, Radiant Systems(Movifone partner), EIMS/Splyce, Icon Software, Pacer/Cats, Ready Theatre Systems, etc.

There are a few different approaches to selling and redeeming tickets. Some services offer redemption via a card swipe, a few are offering barcoded print at home tickets.

I think the ideal model is yet to emerge, some of the formentioned are not yet able to link real time into the POS system, creating HUGE headaches. There is still an issue on whether or not you can charge a per ticket fee as a service charge and not include it in your film settlement. You still have to wait in line to redeem your tickets if you have to swipe a card (exception being kiosks). If I was a smaller independent I would sit back and wait before I threw a lot of money at it. Most of our requests have came from theatres that are in or around larger cities where the big chains have ITicketing available.

As for requirements, your POS server will need a dedicated internet connection to interface with the ITicketing remote server. You will need a merchant account for CC clearing (issue is additional fees), and a POS systems that is capable of either interfacing with a service or that has developed their own ITicketing site.

We chose to develop our own as two of the three larger ticketing sites are owned and controlled by larger chains who push a competitor of ours as their POS of choice, and Moviefone has an exclusive partnership with Radiant Systems.

You can visit our beta site at www.readyticket.net

Greg Borr
Ready Theatre Systems
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.516 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction