Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office How Has Your Summer Been
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How Has Your Summer Been

How Has Your Summer Been 03 Aug 2001 12:14 #22948

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
With this being the peak time of the year for us,besides Winter or Christmas Vacation, I was interested in how the summer panned out for everyone. I think that the gas prices help us this year and more people stayed closer to home. At least that's the way it seemed here. But summer did bring in the tourist from out of state and some came to the movies. Did any of you do any special promotions or advertising? We kept pretty basic on that front. But I think all in all this will be a good year and there is promise of good movies coming for Christmas. Star Wars in the fall. Looks good.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How Has Your Summer Been 08 Aug 2001 16:43 #22949

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
We are having our best year ever. It would have been better had July kept pace with May-June. We're still on track to hold on to better business. The Fall looks safer this year than last year!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: How Has Your Summer Been 21 Aug 2001 14:45 #22950

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
As an arthouse, we've had a much better summer than last year. This summer has seen a steady stream of films people want to see. Several pictures have had good legs, chief among those are Song Catcher, Sexy Beast and With A Friend Like Harry and the recently opened The Closet. Several of our Spring pictures also carried forward nicely including Memento and my favorite little movie so far this year, The Dish. Fall continues to look good - September, which was awful last year is already jammed up with titles. We'll know more about the rest of year as soon as we see the reports from Telluride and Toronto.

By the way, if you have any interest in Tibetan culture in your area, consider Himalaya from Kino - its a great film, beautifully shot and very leggy. It opened in the spring on the West Coast but still seems to be rolling out around the country.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction