Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Equipment Yellow Pages
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Equipment Yellow Pages

Equipment Yellow Pages 17 Jul 2001 18:46 #22940

• All Movies
  • Junior Boarder
On another forum, I read about some theatre yellow pages. How do I get this and how much does it cost?

Peter Kessleman
MovieGo'R
Peter Kessleman
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Equipment Yellow Pages 18 Jul 2001 08:28 #22941

You are probably referring to the yellow pages directory published by Independent Marketing Edge of Bozeman, Montana. Check out their website at www.imeonline.com for contact information.

Re: Equipment Yellow Pages 18 Jul 2001 09:22 #22942

• All Movies
  • Junior Boarder
Does anyone have a contact? There's no info on them, except what they do.

Peter Kessleman
MovieGo'R
Peter Kessleman

Re: Equipment Yellow Pages 18 Jul 2001 09:43 #22943

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
IME publishes a few things. For 160.00 per 6 months you get a 4 page glossy bi weekly with screening reviews, often after the movie has opened already, film notes, trivia, some good quotes, promotional ideas, etc. Also enclosed will be a future release chart with history going backwards showing screen counts, grosses, etc. Also mini ad mats but not for all movies for some reason. Then: 2 times a year you get the Film Marketing Preview Guide... Summer and Holiday which are helpful in planning booking. But wait! There's more!!! You also get the Exhibition Yellow Pages which is helpful as another toolbut is really not much different than similar guides published by Box Office and Film Journal as part of their regular subscriptions. I have also called them up and asked specific questions from time to time about upcoming films and they have always been helpful. Yellow Pages alone are 25.00 retail from them if you are not a subscriber.

Is it worth it? We are a three screen and we subscribe to Variety, Premier, Film Journal, Box Office, IME, Ent. Weekly, and a number of e-mail newsletters and all at the low, low cost of less than 500.00 per year. I don't subscribe because of needing to be informed for bigscreenbiz.com though it helps. I do my own booking and would subscribe to all of these no matter. I look at it as a simple part of business and being as informed as I can to make smart decisions. That's also why I attend Show East and West but that's another story.

IME 638 Ferguson Road Suite 3, Bozman, Montana, 59718-6492 406-587-1251/fax 586-1571 This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

The 2001 issue just was delivered and it is now 9.95 and is a nice resource.

They also are now on line at www.imeonline.com
Mike Hurley www.bigscreenbiz.com

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited July 26, 2001).]
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Equipment Yellow Pages 02 Aug 2001 08:59 #22944

• All Movies
  • Junior Boarder
Can I really trust sending out $10.00 to them?

Peter Kessleman
Peter Kessleman

Re: Equipment Yellow Pages 08 Aug 2001 12:44 #22945

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't subscribe to IME, but they faithfully send me their Yellow Pages Directory free of charge every year.

There's a coupon on page 5 for $20 off your next order at PMG. That's a good deal.

Re: Equipment Yellow Pages 13 Aug 2001 00:04 #22946

• kbwulf
  • Fresh Boarder
IME in my opinion is a very useful magazine. My company advertises in the magazine with good results. From a theatre owners standpoint they can have access to several different vendors and services that serve the theatre industry.
http://wulfinstallations.com/

Low voltage aisle lighting and floor coverings

Re: Equipment Yellow Pages 20 Aug 2001 00:52 #22947

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
IME just sent me a bill for $97.50 for "full service for a period of six months (Less Special Introductory Discount<-$50>" and thanked me for contacting their website. To the best of my knowledge, I have not contacted them (I did check out their website, but that was it).

The final paragraph of the "invoice" states: "As an added incentive for giving I.M.E. a try, payment of this invoice within 30 days will earn you a special bonus - a 16 page "Guide to Film Marketing." We look forward to welcoming you to our growing family of exhibitors around the world."

I feel their marketing is deceptive. How many busy managers (probably not owners) just paid the "invoice", believing it was an actual bill?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction