Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Theater accounting

Theater accounting 21 Jul 2000 15:46 #22881

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
I run a small town single screen theater, only open on weekends. Been looking for a simple accounting software package for a movie theater. Don't need POS terminals, or ticking printing. Just something to crunch the numbers, keep the books, and print out boxoffice statements for the distributors.
I can use DOS, Win 3.1, or Win 95 platforms.
Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Theater accounting 24 Jul 2000 08:22 #22882

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I hate to confess that we run a 3 screen, no computerized accounting at all!, no point of sale, no scan, and all our tickets were there in inventory when we bought the place. The tiks say .25$ each! They still work! I guess I'd add to the starter question if you were looking for a starter system/program what would be the easiest most simple software?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Theater accounting 26 Jul 2000 09:45 #22883

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
I know of one off the shelf back office program that could be customized and two others for the theatre business.

The off the shelf is Real World, accounting with some POS functionality, takes some work to customize but you might be able to work with it.

Mcallister (sp?) out of Boston Mass. This company took the old GA package from Sonderling Broadcasting Corp (S.B.C., purchased by Hoyts) and marketed it.

The other is Crane Atlanta, owned by Ken and Gene Crane. Crane has done backoffice for a number of circuits.

The theatre programs handle booking, film accounting, distributor payment calculation, tax calcultaion, settlement, etc.

I'm not sure of the price range or ease of use of either of these. They may be overkill for what you need.

Greg Borr
Ready Theatre Systems
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction