Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Promo Deals

Promo Deals 20 May 2000 00:37 #22860

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
OK, so I'm not at the theatre as I type this out. But, we are constantly getting offers sent to the theatre pertaining to a company that ties in snacktrays with major studio releases. Basically, its a small cardboard tray with a pocket for a soda and a space for popcorn. They package this tray/plastic cup with neat graphics tied into the film. Has anybody tried this combo tray and if so what were your results and selling price? I would hate to order a case of them, only to not move the entire lot and be stuck with a promo item after we are done running the film.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Promo Deals 20 May 2000 10:59 #22861

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
Yes, We sell these as our special Kid's combo for $2.00. I buy the special movie trays and cups when there is big movie like Dinosaur or Toy Story, but otherwise I get generic trays and cups from our local Pepsi bottler. (They are much cheaper from them.)They include
Popcorn, a 12 oz. soda and Small bag of M & M's. We sell lots of them, esp. with a chidlren's movie, although we do have quite a few adults that also buy them. One down side is that the trays are not made to be buttered. The "Butter" leaks out the bottom. Like I said above I always buy the special movie ones for a big movie, but it's hard to say if it helps sales or not. We have been selling these for approximately 2 years now, and I consider it one of one my more successful ventures.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Promo Deals 21 May 2000 19:01 #22862

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
2.00 for a small popcorn, a soda, and a small M&M! That IS a good deal and I can see why people jump on it. We have never used the actual tray combos. We have bought the plastic pails with logos etc. from time to time and they do motivate people to buy them.
We were nuckleheads when we began at this, "Oh people couldn't be so stupid as to fall for a Happy Meal!" Wrong. They love the no brainers. We do a variety of special combos and they all make sales happen. Which company was the offer of the tray pack from?
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Promo Deals 22 May 2000 09:41 #22863

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
The company is called Promotional Management Group, Inc. Although they may have other offices throughout the country, the office I deal with is out of Kansas City. (816-221-3833 or Fax 816-221-6166)I have tried the larger sized tubs and cups, but they don't come in our normal sizes, so I don't anymore. The last time I tried them was for The Lost World. I bought way too many of them and ended up practically giving them away. Of course, it didn't help that our largest house projector went down that week end and we couldn't get the parts because the company closed down at noon on Friday. So we lost major bucks that weekend and ended up having to buy a new projector to boot. Oh well, the joys of the movie business
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Promo Deals 24 May 2000 11:23 #22864

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
Trays do help people travel with stuff. We have trays but not promotional stuff. I'll bet that drive in places use a lot more trays. Do they?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction