Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Magic Johnson Theaters ripped off by ticket re-selling
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Magic Johnson Theaters ripped off by ticket re-selling

Magic Johnson Theaters ripped off by ticket re-selling 08 May 2000 15:38 #22853

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Go to your local newstand and pick up the latest issue (dated May 16, 2000) of the "Globe" tabloid newspaper. In it (on page 38) is a story about Magic Johnson Theaters getting ripped off by ticket re-selling employees who scammed $144,000 IN ONE YEAR!
Can't ticketing systems prevent this?

[This message has been edited by Ken Layton (edited May 08, 2000).]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Magic Johnson Theaters ripped off by ticket re-selling 08 May 2000 17:12 #22854

• Mike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 39
I think there's no end to ways that sneaky snaky types can figure out ways to steal from the boss! As long as the ticket seller and the usher are in cahoots you got trouble. We do a lot of weird things such as a walk-in and relieve the cashiers at unusual moments just like they do in vasino's. If there's money? There's stealing. It goes with the territory. If there was a ticketing system you'd have to "see" that the ticket sold wasn't generated from the system.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Magic Johnson Theaters ripped off by ticket re-selling 09 May 2000 12:03 #22855

• nancypu
  • Junior Boarder
Boy, this is one instance I'm glad I'm the only one who does tickets. Well, I do about 6 days out of 7. Since there is just me and my son (asst man.) plus my hubby, we don't have a lot of worry about stealing. Maybe it pays to be small potatoes.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction