Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 70mm

70mm 25 Feb 2000 08:06 #22838

• Mark
  • Fresh Boarder
Why do we have to put up with Super(sic)35mm
blow ups from "el cheepo" James Cameron productions showing our cinema audiences GRAIN all over the screen. DLP will kill
us off if we do not get more of the blockbuster titles released in glorious 70mm prints to be projected on the HUGE screens all over the world with NO GRAIN. How can DLP compare to a 70mm print - it can't even compare to a 35mm print! We have the techonology and the demand for 70mm prints to be released for more titles. 70mm might cost twice the price but with the added benefits of Film Guard etc we can run these prints for years with no loss of quality to the viewing audience.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 70mm 25 Feb 2000 17:38 #22839

• RanceE
  • Fresh Boarder
You make a good point, and I'd like to say that I feel that the wide introduction of Digital will actually probably increase the proliferation of 70 mm prints as audiences begin to realize the difference. The studio execs are predicting the death of film as a medium, but I think this is far from the truth. I think instead, we will see more special format films (such as 70 mm and IMax) but truthfully, time will tell. Any other thoughts out there on the effect that digital will have on all of us out here?

General Manager,
Lyric Theatre
Founder,
Edwards Theater Consulting
General Manager,
Lyric Theatre
Founder,
Edwards Theater Consulting

Re: 70mm 02 May 2000 02:45 #22840

• Bluewater
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey there! Sorry, I am new to this forum.
I totally agree on 70mm. I do think someday (not anytime soon likely however) digital projection will be the way to go, but right now, I wish everything was properly filmed and put to 70mm (tho smaller, really lower budget theaters would have a tough time on that end...ok, how about 35mm AND 70mm?
). I have a few 70mm prints in my archives, and everytime I thread em up it's like Christmas, Halloween and my Birthday...all rolled into one.

BM
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction