Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Where do I get that film?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where do I get that film?

Where do I get that film? 30 Mar 2000 13:36 #22835

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
I do the booking for our theatre, have the big fat Rolodex, bulging files, catalogs, magazines, etc. If you want to know where to get it... ask and I'll do my best.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Where do I get that film? 30 Mar 2000 17:22 #22836

• nancypu
  • Junior Boarder
Do you deal directly with say Miramax? How did you get your contacts?

Re: Where do I get that film? 30 Mar 2000 17:41 #22837

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
We book all our own films. For two years I listened and asked a lot of questions. I'd always call direct to the distribs and ask questions without undermining my booker. When I knew that I was going to take the leap and take it over... a savings of 8,000.00 a year leap!... I first called a bumch of theatre owners who booked themselves and asked their advice and they all said "Go for it." I've never been sorry. The week we did that I sent every film distrib rep a box with movie candy and a letter and they were 100% fine. They take my calls/return them/and even call me sometimes!It's clearly been better for my business. I get what I want or know the reason why. And I can't blame anybody but me when I don't! I think it's a much over rated science which is primarily based on relationship of trust that you'll do what you say and pay. In the age of communication this biz runs on a persons "word". Amazing. All the phone numbers are easily available. We're working on our data base and will be posting all that stuff soon. Do you want the Miramax #?
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction