Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Booth HELP FOR DIGITAL!!!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HELP FOR DIGITAL!!!

Re: HELP FOR DIGITAL!!! 21 Mar 2012 02:07 #38132

• ITA
If you want to play studio pictures that are in current release your going to have to go DCI, no way about it. If you want to book library titles, then the studios may try to force you to book from Criterion or Swank...don't allow this.You have some possible issues if you ever want to be classified as a first run house.

I am testing out a couple of low cost digital systems which claim they can be DCI compliant, but they still have to go through the certification process.

I have run two theatres which have used industrial digital projection. One was a Panasonic 12,000,000 lumen PT-D12000U projector with a 800 foot throw and a 35 foot screen. Looked great...it was 1920 x 1080p used DVI from a HDMI output off a Blu-Ray. The other a great little Mitsubishi projector,

One of our partners owned a small chain and wanted to expand to be able to use blu-ray. In 14 theatres ( 1 small chain, a community theatre and for ads in a drive-in) we used a Mitsubishi 6,500 lumen projector Mitsubishi UD8400U. That projector worked exceedingly well, average throw 55 feet. It was 1920 x 1200/ We managed to use the factory lense in most installs.The single screen has a 103 foot throw and proved to be awkward.

Private msg me if you need any assistance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: HELP FOR DIGITAL!!! 04 May 2012 21:46 #38390

• JoeC
I just signed the lease on a 6 plex that has 35mm equipment. I have one year with an option for two more...I feel confident I can get through the year with 35mm product. I hope I am able to sign the other years...
However, its is going to be a second run house and 30k and up per screen for digital conversion doesnt seem possible/liekly at this time...
I have had some nice email exchanged with the owner of brytewerks...I hope he is accurate about the information he shared...that second run theatres will not be held to the same DCI standards for digital..I hope he does not mind me sharing the below quote he sent...because it could be very exciting if it is true!

As a second-run or off-the-break theater you are not required to have a DCI compliant system. Therefore, The Model One is an acceptable solution to studios.
Last Edit: 04 May 2012 21:47 by JoeC.

Re: HELP FOR DIGITAL!!! 04 May 2012 23:15 #38391

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
JoeC wrote:
I just signed the lease on a 6 plex that has 35mm equipment. I have one year with an option for two more...I feel confident I can get through the year with 35mm product. I hope I am able to sign the other years...
However, its is going to be a second run house and 30k and up per screen for digital conversion doesnt seem possible/liekly at this time...
I have had some nice email exchanged with the owner of brytewerks...I hope he is accurate about the information he shared...that second run theatres will not be held to the same DCI standards for digital..I hope he does not mind me sharing the below quote he sent...because it could be very exciting if it is true!

As a second-run or off-the-break theater you are not required to have a DCI compliant system. Therefore, The Model One is an acceptable solution to studios.

$30k is too cheap as of right now. I have seen $47k for used systems (older modesls). Stripped down you might be able to get for $50k if you have smaller rooms.

Make this Brytewerks guy show you some proof before you get too excited. Maybe a letter from a studio exec. saying such.

How much are you going have to put into this theater to get it operating?

Re: HELP FOR DIGITAL!!! 05 May 2012 02:37 #38393

• JoeC
Rufusjack: I agree..I am very skeptical but hopeful. I am trying to get "proof" firsthand..I have some calls/emails out on this subject. I certainly understand brytewerks rose colored glasses position...

On the theatre-very little to no work..10k is my current estimate..It was recently first run and operating. They pulled the xenons and ticketing system. The rest is still in place..almost like someone shut the lights out and left. The seating has recently been upgraded to highback rockers with liftable armrest...very nice on the inside. I am hoping it takes off as a sub run and I am able to switch over in a year the right way...i am also hoping pricing does drop to the 30k range in a year...i hear there are some lower proced systems seeking approval
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction