Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: zoiks!

Re: zoiks! 18 May 2004 12:26 #22742

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I think Outaframe has it pretty much right. Heads or Tails... it's a matter of how you run your booth.

We build & inspect at our bench. We build our prints onto 8K large reels, then rewind them through a Kelmar cleaner with Film Guard. From there, they go to the platter. Because of this, it's always been better for us to receive our prints heads-up.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: zoiks! 08 Feb 2008 01:29 #22743

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
How is your cleaner attached to your make-up table rodeojack?

Re: zoiks! 08 Feb 2008 11:03 #22744

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
Wow Roxy, Wow! That was a great post. I really wish I had been fortunate enough to learn this business from someone like that. Dont get me wrong I know some great people who are not your typical "bean counter" kind of managers who have taught me some great things about this business but, I dont think anything can beat learning from someone who was involved in the hey day of Cinema. I think it would be fantastic to try to re-create that type of showmanship with curtains, an organ or ochestra. A real EVENT type of theatre. Anyways, Thank you so much for sharing that story, and thank you for passing down what you know to the next generation.

Re: zoiks! 12 Feb 2008 15:20 #22745

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
How is your cleaner attached to your make-up table rodeojack?

I posted that when we still had our indoor quad. I just mounted a bracket so I could put a cleaner in the film path. This was on a Kelmar makeup table, but could work as well on most others, I'd think. It probably wouldn't be a good idea on a bench without variable speed control.

We have cleaners on all our projectors. The main reason I put one on the bench was to do an initial Filmguard pass before loading on the platter. That made those "first-pass streaks" much less noticeable. By the time we'd done our screen check, the application was even and everything looked great.

It's also handy if you have reels you want to treat without running through the projector.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction