Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ON SCREEN ADS

Re: ON SCREEN ADS 16 Aug 2004 20:44 #22253

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
We're going to a digital pre-show next month. We're going through BeegAds, [url=http://www.beegads.com.]www.beegads.com.[/url]

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ON SCREEN ADS 24 Aug 2004 09:48 #22254

I have been wanting to set-up pre-show advertising using a digital projector along with power point, DVD, TV and Video Game options. At this point I am still looking into projectors. Does anyone have a Christie Projector? Or any other suggestions. We are a one screen theater with a small budget, but I believe this would be a great investment for us. I also love the idea of creating a page on the spot to be able to project things like "Happy Birthday to..." or any other special message that patrons could buy for the evening.

Re: ON SCREEN ADS 25 Aug 2004 13:14 #22255

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Great idea, Jem

We use a BenQ PB8230 and have had it up for about nine months now. It is bright enough and is reasonably affordable (in the $2,500 to $3000 range). As stated above, though, what it really needs is a swap out lens so that you can go to longer focal lengths and keep it in the booth with you. Right now it's hung from the ceiling about two thirds of the way back from the screen so we have to change lenses and so forth by trying to stand a ladder on the sloped floor and crawling up there. Anyone who knows me knows I am the poster child for ladder accidents so that is no small thing for me.

"What a crazy business"

Re: ON SCREEN ADS 25 Nov 2005 11:11 #22256

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I got all my answers from my own post a year ago that I couldn't find but did thanks for everyones help on this.

Re: ON SCREEN ADS 25 Nov 2005 11:39 #22257

One thing to remember when using conumer grade data projectors is the high cost of the lamps and there relatively short life spans

Re: ON SCREEN ADS 26 Nov 2005 03:07 #22258

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Which ones would you suggest Gordon?

Re: ON SCREEN ADS 26 Nov 2005 12:24 #22259

I would look for one that uses a Cermax Xenon lamp rather than te UHP metal Halide lamps that most seem now to favor (they are propritary)
UHP lamps also have a shelf life from date of manufacture due to slow degassing and also technically since they all contain mercury they should be disposed of in an enviromentaly approved fashion
The older JVC DILA machines used the Perken Elmer (ORC) cermax style xenons but the draw back is the lens is not removable but I have put a magnacom as a minimizer in front of them
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction