Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 3 screen theatre with 35mm projectors

3 screen theatre with 35mm projectors 04 Jun 2014 22:31 #40999

• ruzzty777
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi.

I'm very new to this industry. I have the opportunity the acquire a theatre with three screens and equipment. It has been vandalized but the equipment is mostly in tact. If I'm going to show Spanish foreign films, can I still use the 35 mm equipment the theatre already has? How can I find a film booker? Where can I find a projection engineer in Texas to inspect what I have and possibly operate these machines? I'm at a cross road...power lines have been stolen, two of the screens have been slashed. It's going to be an investment and a lot of work. I just need to know what I'm up against with moving forward. If I can still use the projectors - I'll do it. But if I have to upgrade--- it may be a deal breaker. Please help me...

Rusty
469-358-1309
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3 screen theatre with 35mm projectors 05 Jun 2014 14:32 #41001

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Rusty:

Here's the address of a good booker: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it Here's the address for Sonic. They have a 35mm expert named Jonathon. He serviced my equipment: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Bob
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

3 screen theatre with 35mm projectors 05 Jun 2014 14:43 #41002

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
revrobor wrote:
Rusty:

Here's the address of a good booker: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it Here's the address for Sonic. They have a 35mm expert named Jonathon. He serviced my equipment: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Bob

Bob I am going to have to disagree with your recommendation of Frank Rash. First, you claimed that you did not have to worry about converting to digital until the end of this year based on Mr. Rash's recommendation. Second, you said he told you that you needed to play Anchorman 2 despite your problems with movies like this. I believe you said that you were disgusted to play it.

Rusty, read the other current posts for booker ideas.

You will have to install digital equipment. Do not even think of opening without.

Equipment: Sonic is fine but you might be too far away from them. Look up Andrew at the Wellbourne Cinema in Alvin, TX. (281) 756-7166 He just recently reopened a 4 screen.

3 screen theatre with 35mm projectors 06 Jun 2014 12:46 #41020

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
Jack, regarding converting that was my thought not Frank's and he recommended "Anchorman" based on what it was doing in the rest of the country. At the time it was rated PG-13.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

3 screen theatre with 35mm projectors 07 Jun 2014 10:48 #41028

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
revrobor wrote:
Jack, regarding converting that was my thought not Frank's and he recommended "Anchorman" based on what it was doing in the rest of the country. At the time it was rated PG-13.

Bob,

This what you said on two occasions: "My booker tells me I can run film for about a year. That was on October 12, 2013. www.bigscreenbiz.com/forums/502-movie-th....html?id=39205#40352

and

"I just took over a 35mm theatre and my booker says I have about a year yet before I have to worry about digital. Remember, I'm the guy who said several years ago that we still have two or three years of film left and some of you mocked me." That was on November 1, 2013. www.bigscreenbiz.com/forums/502-movie-th....html?id=39208#40394

Hmmm.......

Re: Anchorman 2: you should have known what kind of film this was. We all know what you will not play and were very surprised that you played it. You have claimed your booker knows what you like to play. My guess is you played it because you had little else to play on film.

3 screen theatre with 35mm projectors 07 Jun 2014 12:18 #41032

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
Jack: My booker was agreeing with me on something I already said to him and was using him to add "authority" to my statement. Regarding "Anchorman" I was not familiar with Farrell's work and it was rated PG-13 so I thought I'd take the chance. I know I never cared for him once he left SNL.

Bob
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Last Edit: 07 Jun 2014 12:21 by revrobor.

3 screen theatre with 35mm projectors 07 Jun 2014 20:56 #41038

Don't forget - he also told you there was no 35mm prints made for "Son Of God", which was not the case. I played a 35mm print in one of the theatres I book...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction