Home Forums Movie Theaters The Booth Pricing Equipment
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pricing Equipment

Pricing Equipment 26 Apr 2011 02:32 #35832

• AEVANS
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello i am new to BSB but i am doing research on opening a theater in my area but i can not find pricing on the booth...

Does anyone have any advice or maybe some links to company's that you trust?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pricing Equipment 26 Apr 2011 02:43 #35834

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
I just sent you a private message. Contact me.
Bob Allen ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ).
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: Pricing Equipment 26 Apr 2011 03:31 #35837

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Start with tech people in your area. They are few and far between and it can get costly to have them come in. Most importantly you need to have digital equipment in your plans.

Feel free to give us your location and we can recommend people.

Re: Pricing Equipment 07 May 2011 00:06 #35962

• genedo
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
www.destinationheartland.com/info-packs/equipment_pricing.pdf
Digital Combinations Projector, Server, etc all makes and all models

Re: Pricing Equipment 09 May 2011 20:49 #35985

• VPF
genedo wrote:
www.destinationheartland.com/info-packs/equipment_pricing.pdf
Digital Combinations Projector, Server, etc all makes and all models

Gene -- are you actually selling equipment?
I thought this was just a consulting thing where you charge $2,500 for the spreadsheet and loan package submission? (A good deal, by the way.)

Everything on your website is just market price as of a certain date. I am seeing changes in pricing since then. Some items more, some items less.

I'd suggest www.dcinematoday.com as a great starting point to find an equipment provider.

-VPF

Re: Pricing Equipment 10 May 2011 23:41 #35991

• genedo
  • Senior Boarder
what we do at Heartland is all there on the website.
www.destinationheartland.com

Destination: Heartland is a proprietary consortium created in support of the DCI.
We include – Theater Owners and Operators, Business Analysts, Underwriters, Economic
Evaluators, Certified Digital Installers, Manufacturers and Dealers

We do it all from analyzing the business pro forma, project revenue changes, do booth and venue valuations, price your equipment prefrences whatever they are, take you through the loan process and do the install and 3 year service agreement.

We can put any package or products together that a theater owner would want ;staff are certified to install them and service them through our National Equipment people, installation and service network.

We know that prices change and our prices change accordingly. Those numbers are a point in time simply to let you know all the options that we can provide.

Effectively we do a diagnostic analysis for FREE and then see what you want.
If you want what we can do for you, it goes from there.
All the people involved are listed on the site with background experience, etc.
Owner has informed choice.
No undisclosed costs or extra equipment to surprise the owner after the decision.
We want the theater owner to go to the bank one time. NOT HAVE FEES AFTER THE INSTALL they were not prepared for.

Thoroughly looking at all on the website would answer any questions that a person would have.

Re: Pricing Equipment 11 May 2011 04:59 #35996

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I'm pretty happy with American Cinema, in Portland, OR. Whether they're close enough to offer more than advice is something you'd have to decide. They're good people though.

Re: Pricing Equipment 12 May 2011 03:18 #36006

• VPF
genedo wrote:
what we do at Heartland is all there on the website.
www.destinationheartland.com

Destination: Heartland is a proprietary consortium created in support of the DCI.
We include – Theater Owners and Operators, Business Analysts, Underwriters, Economic
Evaluators, Certified Digital Installers, Manufacturers and Dealers

We do it all from analyzing the business pro forma, project revenue changes, do booth and venue valuations, price your equipment prefrences whatever they are, take you through the loan process and do the install and 3 year service agreement.

We can put any package or products together that a theater owner would want ;staff are certified to install them and service them through our National Equipment people, installation and service network.

We know that prices change and our prices change accordingly. Those numbers are a point in time simply to let you know all the options that we can provide.

Effectively we do a diagnostic analysis for FREE and then see what you want.
If you want what we can do for you, it goes from there.
All the people involved are listed on the site with background experience, etc.
Owner has informed choice.
No undisclosed costs or extra equipment to surprise the owner after the decision.
We want the theater owner to go to the bank one time. NOT HAVE FEES AFTER THE INSTALL they were not prepared for.

Thoroughly looking at all on the website would answer any questions that a person would have.

Ok...so I went back and looked.
I didn't get that from the website at all.
Not terribly clear, not terribly well organized.
I had heard you were just consulting...and I didn't get that or anything else really from the site.
It's incredibly muddy and unclear. Quite frankly, it reads like a jumbled mess.
Understandable links to other pages that describe each facet of what you can do would help.
Or, maybe in person consulting goes better and people can understand. I certainly don't from the website.

-VPF

Re: Pricing Equipment 13 May 2011 23:32 #36026

• genedo
  • Senior Boarder
I guess on the top of the home page of the website:
Equipment
Installation
Financing and
Operations

got by you. perhaps you started with some of the links ...

I certainly apologize if I have confused you.
However, it would appear with your success, that you are way above my market
of helping the small independents. Clearly you need no one's assistance.

Re: Pricing Equipment 14 May 2011 01:08 #36027

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Hey VPF:

It's one thing to offer constructive criticism but another to be insulting. You come off sounding rather snooty in your response. If that is not your intention then I apologize but you need to stop appearing as though you're looking down your nose at us. Many of us have been in the business longer than I imagine you have been alive.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Last Edit: 14 May 2011 01:09 by revrobor.

Re: Pricing Equipment 14 May 2011 02:09 #36029

• AllenD
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Gene:
I applaud you for helping out the little guys. They need it.
I have looked at and understood your website.
I am confused about your connection to RKO.
As an old time movie fan I've watched many RKO pictures and a few years ago ran one old RKO title on 35 mm when Paramount had the classic library for theatres.
I thought that RKO predated 1933 and that the trademark was still in active use by a succcessor company that sold rights to RKO owned scripts, ones that have been both previously produced and ones that hadn't been made into films.
Do you have a connection to the classic old company that gave us King Kong?
AllenD

Re: Pricing Equipment 14 May 2011 02:16 #36031

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
revrobor wrote:
Hey VPF:

It's one thing to offer constructive criticism but another to be insulting. You come off sounding rather snooty in your response. If that is not your intention then I apologize but you need to stop appearing as though you're looking down your nose at us. Many of us have been in the business longer than I imagine you have been alive.

If the comments are truthful, then they are fine with me even if they come across as insulting. Operating is challenging. I would much rather hear that than someone stating that every theater can succeed if operated correctly.

Re: Pricing Equipment 14 May 2011 03:22 #36034

• genedo
  • Senior Boarder
My father started in the busness in 1933.
I was in the business for 20 years film buying and opeations. left it to get into banking in 1975. Became an author and mortgage banking consultant
and corporate pscychologist. In 2000 my mother asked for me to help her stay out of a nursing home, so I left my career in Newport Beach and went to her aid. Since the theater had become a trash dump, I modernized it and turned it into a 5 screen digital theater today. When I started the new corporation, I had to think of a name to honor my family and the years they had invested in the business. Since my mother's name was Ruby Kathlleen Oliver, I thought it would honor her and my father's years in the business since 1933 and named corporation RKO, INC.

Returning to the business in 2000, I just got back into the filmbuying and operations and after converting to digital in 2009, was asked by some studio execs (Don Tannenbaum at Warner Bros and Noah Bergman at Universal)to take my banking, operations experience and see if I could help theater owners with the digital transition. Since I knew how to do operations, and how to get loans and pro forma's approved and with having gone through digital conversion myself. they thought I might help. Since then, Julian Levin EVP at Fox has met with us and endorsed what we are trying to do to help as well.

So, that is how RKO, Inc. got it's name and the idea of Destination Heartland was created.

Re: Pricing Equipment 14 May 2011 17:06 #36040

• VPF
I'm blunt. Forgive me.
The website is confusing.
I'm not "snooty" or "looking down".
My company also consults with independents.
Someone met with you at CinemaCon and told me about it. I had forgotten until I saw your post with the site. It's confusing. Thought I should mention it.

Regardless of how you chose the RKO name, it's still theft of the trademark.
Hope you don't get sued.

-VPF

Re: Pricing Equipment 14 May 2011 17:31 #36042

• AllenD
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
These are the people who actually own and legally exploit the RKO brand:

www.rko.com/
Last Edit: 14 May 2011 18:21 by AllenD.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction