Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Booth Simplex Projector
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Simplex Projector

Simplex Projector 29 Jun 2010 13:54 #34218

Hello I am looking at opening a single screen theater In my small town of about 2000. The theater is already there it just needs a little work. previous renters took off with the sound system and now we need to find a new one the projector is an IPC SIMPLEX Model 1000 Serial 10497-1791 I need to know how the sound works on this model I forgot to check what the output was :blush: if anyone can help me or direct me to someone who can help me I would really really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Simplex Projector 29 Jun 2010 19:00 #34219

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
I think you have given us the model of the soundhead rather than the projector. IPC (International Projector Corporation) made several projectors over the years before Ballantyne/Strong bought the company. Picture would tell us whether it's a Standard, Super, E-7 or XL. I don't think you want to tackle re-installing the sound system yourself. Give us your location and we can help you find a theatre supply house or tech in your area.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:Simplex Projector 01 Jul 2010 23:43 #34228

I believe it is a simplex XL (see image) the projector looks similar to this. I have a sound company on standby they are just waiting on me to see what connections I need to hook up output/input wise the sound system. So I haven't been able to get back into the theater the people are rather hard to get a hold of I am hoping a lot of research would tell me sooner than locating the owners. I am located in monticello Utah.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 01 Jul 2010 23:43 by smalltownbiz.

Re:Simplex Projector 02 Jul 2010 02:11 #34229

• Dynamic PBX Corp
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
STB - Save yourself from unnecessary expense and poor results. The sound company you intend to use is not qualified if they are looking to you for output/input information. While there are relationships between cinema and other commercial sound, cinema is significantly different.

You need to contact a theatre service company. There are forum users from all over the US who can provide excellent local or regional referrals.

Caveat emptor!!!

Re:Simplex Projector 02 Jul 2010 15:28 #34232

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes that's an XL. I believe the name was changed to Simplex 35 after Strong bought the company. It's an excellent projector and it's mounted on a Simplex SH1000 sound head. Both should give you many years of service if you maintain them. I agree with PBX. You should have only a theatre service tech install the sound. What is your location?
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:Simplex Projector 02 Jul 2010 20:06 #34234

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
This is meant as tough love: you need to have a competent tech. look over the whole place.

Bob, he said he is in Monticello Utah. I know there a couple of guys on FT who post often who might be nearby.

Also, do your homework; their are few single screen theaters in towns of 2000 that are not anymore than a hobby.

Re:Simplex Projector 02 Jul 2010 20:21 #34235

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
Oops! You're right Jack. He did say that didn't he? My bad.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:Simplex Projector 09 Jul 2010 22:36 #34331

Thank you guys for your answers! I am now wondering where I would be able to find a maintenance person. if there is anyone in the four corners area would you please let me know. I am really just looking for pricing quotes at this moment my business plan. Thank you!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction