Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Booth Good thing for warranty!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Good thing for warranty!

Good thing for warranty! 19 Mar 2010 09:09 #33584

• cuemarks
  • Senior Boarder
Almost two years ago we installed our first digital projector. As time went along we added two more units. All systems use Real D for 3D movies. Besides a bad server, the units have worked great. However, a few weeks ago, our last install developed some color issues, A tech from Omaha was dispatched and easily fixed the problem. Lucky for us was the fact the unit was still under warranty ,or the repair bill would have been 25 thousand dollars. The tech told me, the problem may have been caused by popcorn smoke breaching the filter system on the projector. I was more than surprised, because the filters I have replaced always looked very clean. Also the booth is very much removed from the concession area. This has been an eye opening experience, I would have been very sad to pay 25 thousand dollars to have such new equipment repaired.
Needless to say , I now wonder about the, what ifs, on future problems I may encounter with digital cinema.
Last Edit: 19 Mar 2010 10:16 by cuemarks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Good thing for warranty! 22 Mar 2010 20:21 #33605

• JWJones
  • Fresh Boarder
Since you mention Omaho I am guessing you have an NEC DLP? Why not enter into a service agreement with strong technical services where they would do the preventative routines on your film and dlp systems and provide emergency service as part of your monthly fee? They only charge about $50.00 per screen per month for 3 PM routines on each screen a year and unlimited emergency service calls. Parts are extra but the labor is included. I am not affiliated with them but have worked at theatres that used them. They used to be called National Cinema Services. There number is 800-722-4445 or at least it was when it was ncs.
Last Edit: 22 Mar 2010 20:22 by JWJones.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction