Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Booth Projection, Sound, etc?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Projection, Sound, etc?

Projection, Sound, etc? 08 Nov 2009 22:02 #32753

• mafunk
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

I have been reading this forum for two days and find it very helpful. However I still do not know where to start to get a firm idea on booth design?

Can you tell me where I can find easy to understand, step by step info for setting up a simple, low cost theater system?

I was thinking that it would be cheaper/easier to go digital? I am looking at starting an alternative type theater that plays emerging pictures, cult classics, niche films (for natives, for christians, etc).... Something similar to the loft in tuscon. But with a slightly more funky set up and more emphasis on unique concessions.

Anyway, I'm looking for info on how to set up the screen/sound/projection etc. It does not have to be like the big megaplexes. Simpler, smaller would be fine.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Projection, Sound, etc? 08 Nov 2009 22:41 #32755

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I f you go with 90% Emerging you need only a good $15,000 home projector digital .

Re:Projection, Sound, etc? 09 Nov 2009 06:19 #32761

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
mafunk wrote:
Can you tell me where I can find easy to understand, step by step info for setting up a simple, low cost theater system?

I was thinking that it would be cheaper/easier to go digital? I am looking at starting an alternative type theater that plays emerging pictures, cult classics, niche films (for natives, for christians, etc).... Something similar to the loft in tuscon. But with a slightly more funky set up and more emphasis on unique concessions.

Anyway, I'm looking for info on how to set up the screen/sound/projection etc. It does not have to be like the big megaplexes. Simpler, smaller would be fine.

If you don't have the personal expertise to set up a projection system, you should look for a projection equipment supplier in your area. Asking an internet group to provide this information is nearly impossible, because the size and acoustics of your auditorium, the size of your screen, any ambient light and the formats of your intended media will all dictate what projection and sound equipment is appropriate for your location.

In any case, approaching this merely by what it will cost is recipe for disaster. The projector is what will present the product you're hoping to attract an audience for. For this you need the RIGHT machine... not necessarily the cheapest.

Find an expert that does business in your area. Once you figure out where you're going to set up, they can help you find what you need.

Re:Projection, Sound, etc? 09 Nov 2009 20:20 #32770

• mafunk
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks. Yes, if/when I actually go forward with this I will hire help. However I'm trying to do research to put together a business plan and financials/numbers.

Re:Projection, Sound, etc? 10 Nov 2009 10:31 #32779

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
You should have found seeral places where used equipment is discussed and prices guessed at. I would call one of the suppliers listed on bigscreenbiz and just ask them to guess at cost for a complete both setup per screen. Tell them if you need the speakers and sound too and the screen. They can give you a rule of thumb number for a planning budget off the top of their head. That's what they do everyday is sell new and used equipment.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction