Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: looking for a XL

looking for a XL 18 Sep 2008 12:50 #29982

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Other than looking thru used equipment vendors, does anyone have a good used Simplex XL with 2K lamphouse they want to get rid of?

One of the theatres I work at is looking for a 2nd projector to do reel to reel classics they won't let you run off a platter.

Also unrelated are looking for around 550-600 nice seats to replace the OLD ones they have... need to be near Buffalo NY or at least not too far to help keep trucking charges reasonable... IE: not on west coast!:ohmy:

Thanks much!
tony.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:looking for a XL 24 Sep 2008 13:53 #30003

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
I've got a beautiful Simplex E-7 with lamphouse for sale if you can use an E-7 instead of an XL.
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau

Re:looking for a XL 25 Sep 2008 00:20 #30006

• crazybob
  • Junior Boarder
I love E-7's. I heard that the vertical shaft model was better. I know of two drive-ins in PA. that run E-7's with platters. An E-7 is fine, but the XL probably passes more light due to the conical shutter.

I use flat gate XL's at a twin drive-in, & they are beautiful. I have a great E-7 head sitting in my garage that still has the front shutter on it.

I too, would like to add an extra machine to run archive prints. ..Maybe next year?

I know he's a vendor, but Andy Mill of Xpertek, in Lockport, NY. sells used equipment from time to time. He's my tech & does great work. Tell him crazy Bob sent you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction