Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Platter Rings?

Platter Rings? 15 Jun 2007 19:30 #22538

• bx
  • Fresh Boarder
I work at an old two-screener that is currently owned by a large corporation which shall remain nameless.

Three months ago, we had a take-up ring break in half, and I placed an order with a tech guy who said he would get us another one. Well, either due to his incompetence or corporate red tape, we still haven't received the take-up ring, and its really starting to pose a problem for us.

I've decided to take the problem into my own hands. I've searched high and low online for used take-up rings for a Christie Autowind 3, but I just can't find it anywhere. Could anyone point me to a site that sells these rings, either new or (more likely) used? I would really appreciate the help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Platter Rings? 15 Jun 2007 21:21 #22539

You could use a film canister if there is one lying about. drill some holes in the bottom and drop some bolts through the holes to line up with the platter holes for security.

Re: Platter Rings? 15 Jun 2007 22:20 #22540

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Try American Cinema Equipment, in Portland, (800) 956-6589, Hadden Theatre Supply, in Louisville, (502) 499-0050, and possibly Claco Equipment & Service, in Salt Lake City, (801) 355-1250. One or more of them may have those things laying around, or can order one for you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction