Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Apogee

Apogee 22 Jul 2006 02:46 #22425

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Any you guys have any experience with the Apogee? I manage a theatre in rural Iowa that is equipped with an Apogee. It puts out a great picture but, IMO it's a poorley designed machine. Our tech was here last week to install a modified assembly below the intermittent which has eliminated our losing the lower loop problem but the thing is difficult to thread and the sprocket roller arms open the wrong way. You can't have the gate and pull down sprocket roller arms opened at the same time. What was Strong thinking?

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Apogee 22 Jul 2006 13:04 #22426

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
If you haven't checked the threads on this subject over on the other discussion board, you might do so. The Apogee is soundly trashed over there, and your reason is only one of several gripes.

It's almost like Strong took designs from all of their projector models, put them in a box, shook it hard, then put blindfolds on themselves and "drew" the parts they needed to assemble a "new" projector.

... and I hear this one even has the distinctive "XL Leak"!

Re: Apogee 22 Jul 2006 14:05 #22427

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
I understand ours leaked at first but the tech fixed that. He claims to have about 50 of them out in the field and they have given him no problems. Maybe he just doesn't want to take them back. I've never seen such a cramped and hard to thread soundhead.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: Apogee 23 Jul 2006 10:34 #22428

I think Strong decided to clone a lot of the ernamann 15 design but recycle XL parts in it
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction