Home Forums Movie Theaters The Booth PRESHOW ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PRESHOW ENTERTAINMENT

PRESHOW ENTERTAINMENT 02 Apr 2006 17:03 #22315

• Filmfisher
  • Senior Boarder
I am in a resort town and a one screen. There have been a Theater here since 1924. The locals have been arriving for the movies about 3 to 5 minutes before the start time. Being only my wife and I running the place it causes quite the conjestion. In an attempt to get more movie goers to come early we invested in a digital projector and I have been using PowerPoint presentaions for local ads and old pictures of the town for tourists to see as well putting interesting facts and Pepsi avi's on. I recently been adding short video clips to the presentation. We are now at a point of upgrading to where we want to use a DVD player for the preshow. I notice there are many ways to convert PowerPoint to DVD's but some do not work as well as others for mixed content. I am looking at what I can use to best fit my situation.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: PRESHOW ENTERTAINMENT 02 Apr 2006 17:50 #22316

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Fisher, that is almost word for what we do here. We also have a one-screen and it is my wife and I hustling to get everyone in (we get volunteers for the busiest shows). I guess my question is why go the DVD route? Just go directly from your computer.

The local high school did a project to create short policy trailers for me. They are cute but not produced very well at all. I'm thinking about rolling them into the powerpoint presentation soon. I'm going to ultimately have about eight different ones so I can rotate them and they won't get too stale. I think it's a great idea and the fact that the high school made them positions it well with my worst offenders of the policies (the high school kids themselves)!
"What a crazy business"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction