Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: lens alignment

lens alignment 14 Jan 2006 19:38 #22260

• jholliger
  • Expert Boarder
Ok, brain freeze... I have Brenkert heads with auto lens change when I align the framing on the flat lens then the scope is off center to the right... checked the apature plate not that, tried adjusting the alignment from the changer to the main lens still not doing it.... this system used to work for previous owner can't figure out what he did to mess it up???
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: lens alignment 15 Jan 2006 02:58 #22261

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Can't help with your problem, but I would love to see a picture of your setup. I had no idea Brenkert ever had an auto-lens changer.

Re: lens alignment 15 Jan 2006 12:45 #22262

• jholliger
  • Expert Boarder
Ok, I said I had a brain freeze.. This booth has Balentine pro 35's

Re: lens alignment 16 Jan 2006 18:09 #22263

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I'll send a note to Ken about this & see if he'll log on. I think he's worked on that machine. If you're sure the aperture's fine, I'd be looking for a stop adjustment that's taking the lens too far... but Ken would probably know.

Re: lens alignment 17 Jan 2006 11:32 #22264

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Old Ballantynes (pre-1990) used the "LA-100 Lens/Aperture Changer". Both the scope and flat lenses are straight in a line with each other. The motor slides them in front of the lens casting (very slowly I might add) to create a 'lap dissolve' effect. What little information I have on these is posted on the manuals section of film-tech (which came from my collection). These units have been fairly reliable and the only trouble I have seen is the aperture plate track getting dirty/gummy causing the movable dual aperture plate to stick and not move all the way into place. Just take it out and clean the plate and tracks. Polish the plate with Brasso and clean the tracks with Xekote.

Newer Ballantynes used either the rotating TU-2000 or TU-2020 I believe, although I haven't actually seen brand new Ballantynes with a turret.

Re: lens alignment 22 Jan 2006 12:08 #22265

• jholliger
  • Expert Boarder
Yes!! an easy fix.. kinda, I had to file the plate to allow for the correct travel but it is set now. Thanks guys
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction