Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ultra stereo processor problem

ultra stereo processor problem 31 May 2005 12:23 #22155

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I have a JS 260 I beleave it is, anyways, I am getting little to no subwoofer output from it?

I checked the amp, no problem, just not being fed anything from the processor???

leaved the room sounding pretty flat, and I had a comment from one customer that his tv at home had better sound!

not a good thing at all...

any ideas??

BTW, it's the same for film and the CD inputs so I ruled out a LED reader allignment/problem..

Thanks!

Tony.
tony.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ultra stereo processor problem 01 Jun 2005 01:08 #22156

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I don't know anything about your processor. However, the processors I work with intentionally do NOT run their non-sync audio through subwoofers. Also, you might miss out on the heavy thuds & bone-jarring vibrations, but the subwoofers I've been around wouldn't normally leave a room that noticeably flat.

Whether there's actually something wrong with the sub or not, I'd bet something else is going on with your system.

(edit) A properly installed reader rarely needs to be touched (other than routine cleaning) If the LED and the pickup were properly locked down, what's to change about the alignment? Not much... and if it were, you'd lose your highs first... not your sub-lows.

The lateral guide could go out of alignment, but that would show up as buzz of one sort or another... not a lack of low frequencies.

[This message has been edited by rodeojack (edited June 01, 2005).]

Re: ultra stereo processor problem 01 Jun 2005 13:24 #22157

• Dominic
  • Junior Boarder
Those US systems can be tricky some times. I still have no idea why a pair of them sound TERRIBLE in SR but not in stereo, yet everything tests ok.

Anyhow, on to your problem:
Is it at all intermittent? Check for loose connections.
Did it work perfectly before? If not, it could easily be a wiring problem.
Have you positively verified the processor is not outputting signal?
Is it wired in bridge mono? Is it properly wired?
And also, what amps and sub do you have?

I'd say it could be your format card. Is this in SR, Aux/Digital, Stereo, or what?
There's a pink noise generator for the US processors that you can use to test each individual chanell, helps when aligning the system during installation.

Re: ultra stereo processor problem 01 Jun 2005 14:14 #22158

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
been pretty flat rite along, nothing intermittent..

amps are usa 900's

I swapped amps and verified the amp does indeed work with another channel fed into it.

speakers are all new JBL's not cheap ones. 3 years old.

compaired to another theatre I work at that has a somewhat cheaper 'Smart mod IIb' with smart amps that has tON's of bass ours sounds sick...

I've been trying to get the guy who installed it to come out, but he's been on the west coast working since show west...

and after that last complaint I wanted to see what I could do...

thanks!!

Tony.
tony.

Re: ultra stereo processor problem 01 Jun 2005 14:16 #22159

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
oops, forgot to mention we use SR mode, I will try in normal "stereo' mode and see what happens..

Tony.
tony.

Re: ultra stereo processor problem 02 Jun 2005 09:42 #22160

The USL processors opitcal sub woofer is a sum of the 3 screen channels and then filtered
Place the pink noise card in the synth slot and turn on centre channel and look at the level on the rta of the 50-100 hz band (turn the sub amp off)
Turn off the centre amp and turn on the sub amp and adjust the sub gain until it matchs the same level in that band
(note the sub adjustment is on the format card and depending on the version is in the front or angled down from the top) (if it is on the top there is a seperate digital and analouge gain adjustment)
Turn the centre amp back on and the level in that band should rise about 3-5db
If the sub is wired out f phase the level will actually drop
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction