Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cine - macarena

Cine - macarena 26 Nov 2003 12:50 #21714

• KingJoe
  • Senior Boarder
Does anyone out there use Cinemeccanica projectors. What are the opinions??? Inquiring minds want to know!

The King

'The King is only as wise as his Jester'
'The King is only as wise as his Jester'
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cine - macarena 26 Nov 2003 15:09 #21715

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
I just bought two V4s. They are not in service yet so I'm anxious to hear about them. Looking forward to tuning them up and learning about them. Got 'em for about 1/6th what a Motiograph or Century set-up would'a been. What i liked was the all-in-one-ness of them and the fact the lenses are on a turret. I hear they can be cranky, but i have an old Harley in the garage so cranky ain't new to me. The thing that keeps pecking at me is that the new Harley gets ridden all the time . . . People who love these projectors seems to really LOVE 'em. There seems to be a consistent problem with the image stability . . . and spelling the name seems to be a bit of a challenge.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Cine - macarena 26 Nov 2003 20:54 #21716

• tbarnes
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a few v-4 running currently, I have very few problems with them. As long as the operators keep oil in them, they'll run for ever. The biggest draw back to the Cinemacanica's are the price of replacement parts. If you need to have an intermittent rebuilt it will cost you double what you would pay for a Century or Simplex. If your running the Cinemacanica vertical lamps with your setup as I am, I love the bulb life, really dislike the cost of the glass reflectors if the bulb explodes. I guess the bottom line as with anything in life, if you take good care of the equipment it will take good care of you.

[This message has been edited by tbarnes (edited November 26, 2003).]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction