Home Forums Movie Theaters The Booth projector for sale
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: projector for sale

projector for sale 01 Jun 2003 19:57 #21498

• crshedd
  • Senior Boarder
i found this on www.mandy.com in the classifieds. if i ever get to the point of purchasing equipment is this
a) a good price,
b) a complete unit.

"Offered Complete 35mm Projection Booth/SF
Asking price USD 18,000.00 or near offer. Condition: Very Good
2) Symplex picture heads, 2)rebuilt optical sound heads, 2) rectifiers, 2) super trooper 2K Xenon lamp heads, 4) extra lamps, 8) kowa lenses, 2)cinemascope lenses, dolby sr 55 processor, cabling and distibution box, 12) 2000ft. reels, rewinds, motorized rewinds, xtra (covered) feed arms, revus splicing block, lens and film cabinets, etc!
Telephone 415 505 8723
Email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Ad set up 04-Mar-03"

thanx for any input.

'hey! there's no party here!'
jeff spicoli
fast times at ridgemont high

[This message has been edited by crshedd (edited June 01, 2003).]
jeff spicoli
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: projector for sale 02 Jun 2003 00:38 #21499

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Boy there's a lot wrong in that ad. Red flags are going up right now! There's alot of information the seller isn't telling and from the info I see in the ad STAY AWAY from this deal---it's way overpriced. Let me go over some of the major sticking points:

Projector heads: first off they misspelled Simplex and second they don't mention the model. If it's an XL does it have a straight or curved gate? Does it have water cooled or air cooled gate?

Soundheads: what is make and model? What exactly was rebuilt on them? Do they use exciter lamp or led reverse scan? If they use exciter lamps, do they have a narrow slit lens or an old wide slit? Do they have phototube, mono solar cell, or stereo solar cell? What condition is the drive motor?

Rectifiers: What brand? What lamp current range? Single phase or 3 phase? What is the weight (important for shipping)?

Lamphouses: They say Super Trooper and a Super Trooper is a spotlight! Could it be a Super Lume-x? What is the make and model of the xenon bulb in it? How many hours on the bulb? How many hours on the lamphouse?

Extra Lamps: Are the extra lamps xenon projection lamps or sound exciter lamps or a combination of both? What is the make/model of the extra lamps? Are they brand new or used?

Kowa Lenses: What are the focal lengths and F-stop numbers? Do the lenses have any fogging, mildew, discoloration, or cracking? Do they look like they have ever been dropped?

Scope lenses: What brand and model?

Sound Processor: Do they mean a Dolby CP-55 with SR cards?

Now for the stuff I don't see that's necessary to be a complete booth:

No sound rack listed
No amplifiers listed
No speakers listed
No exciter lamp supply listed (if using exciter lamps)
No projector pedestals listed
No projector automation unit listed

Nothing was even mentioned how long ago this stuff was in operation. If out of service for a while, then how was it all stored? Hopefully in a dry heated (to at least 55 degrees) building.

In my opinion I think this is NOT a good deal.

[This message has been edited by Ken Layton (edited June 02, 2003).]

Re: projector for sale 02 Jun 2003 10:00 #21500

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
Platter please!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: projector for sale 02 Jun 2003 10:17 #21501

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Well, it is not a complete platter, but on ebay right now is a control plate for a Strong/Potts platter as item number 2932601200.

Re: projector for sale 02 Jun 2003 22:00 #21502

• crshedd
  • Senior Boarder
thanx for your responses. your advice is well heeded and most importantly it gives me more information to look for and at.

didn't somebody say this would be easy?

jeff spicoli
jeff spicoli

Re: projector for sale 05 Jun 2003 11:35 #21503

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't know if this the right place to put this but we do now have 2 Potts Alpha platters with make up tables for sale (Model 35). The platters and make up tables work and were just taken out of service in the past month. Asking price is $1,000 for each platter w/ make up table. Location: Cleveland, Ohio.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction