Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Those Old Folks

Those Old Folks 02 Oct 2001 11:33 #21063

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
It seems that no matter what I do I can't seem to make them happy. Does anyone have a solution? I have a senior discount that starts sixty. I don't consider anyone in their fifties as that old. The discount is $3.00 of the regular admission price which is $8.00. But wouldn't you know, they still complain. I even had one woman say that because she has come to my theatre ever since she moved here, ten years ago that she should be given a lifetime free pass.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Those Old Folks 03 Oct 2001 12:50 #21064

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
Pardon my saying so but that takes balls. Why is it people think movie theatres are less of a business than any other business. I mean would the same lady go into a grocery store that she's shopped in for 10 years and demand free groceries? Of course not. People are just plain wacky. I had one woman recently complain to me that she was disappointed in the movie Bread and Tulips because they didn't use the same music in the film that was in the trailer. I declined to give her a refund.

Re: Those Old Folks 03 Oct 2001 21:15 #21065

Rialto,
I have had people that prob would ask for free groceries. Trailer music woman needs to get a life.

Re: Those Old Folks 03 Oct 2001 23:29 #21066

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
I think in serving the public, one needs a certain amount of give. The public, being made up of people, will often see how far that give will go. Set the boundries you are confrtable with, and stick to them (do I sound like my partner's a shrink?). Many seniors have gotten a lot of milage out of bitching -- it's paid-off before, so they keep at it. So, those are the ones who generally can't seem to be made happy, because as soon as they are, they stop getting what they want. I respond to many absurd requests with, "If I do that, then I don't make a living. So, it's not going to happen." If that fails, I can fall back on, "I don't know what the weather's like on your planet, spaceman, but here nothing is for free." For life-time-pass lady: "If you can get any other business to give you a life-time pass for free anything, I'll not toss you out for the rest of your life." But, that's just me . . . .
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Those Old Folks 04 Oct 2001 09:26 #21067

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
Unfortunately I know some of those people that Avalon refered to who bitch to get what they want. They are older then I am but that's neither here nor there. I just hope that when I grow up I never become one. They're terrible to be around, and the worst of it is I think they know it!

Re: Those Old Folks 04 Oct 2001 12:57 #21068

There are alot of nutty people out there and unfortunatly our theatres attracts them all.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction