Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Booth Where to learn more??
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where to learn more??

Where to learn more?? 18 Jul 2001 12:50 #20958

• beginner
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone. I eventually want to open up my own business. I am in the elementary stages of deciding exactly what type of business I want open. I was thinking about a movie theatre business. I emailed someone and they referred me to this site. This site is very informative and has some very valuable info. However, I am a big dummy when it comes to the theatre biz. All I know about movie theatres is what i've experienced when I've gone to see a movie. I have read a lot of the messages on this site and I must say that I dont really have a clue about the terms that are being used. I didnt realize how much you have to know and consider when opening a theatre. I read the polls about "how much did you pay per screen for your place." IS IT REALLY ABOUT $50K FOR ONE SCREEN??? That's a lot of money. I guess all of you guys who have your own theatre must have had a lot of money before opening your theatre??? I know it depends on the personal situation, but even $50K is a lot. My question is, as a very, very unknowledgable movie theatre businessman, is there anything you can recommend that I do to learn more about the business (books to read,...etc). Do you guys like what you do?? It seems like it would be a fun job. Do you make a lot of money?? I am 23 yrs. old and I have a full-time job now. If I do decide to go into this business, I definitely plan on working at a theatre to get some experience before I venture into my own. ANY information would be great.
Thanx everyone,
Jason
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Where to learn more?? 18 Jul 2001 15:40 #20959

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Jason!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction