Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best film projection xenon lamphouses

Best film projection xenon lamphouses 04 Mar 2000 00:52 #20905

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Strong and Kneisley makes the best lamphouses for motion picture film projection. The optical design, layout, and quality get a bright picture on screen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Best film projection xenon lamphouses 05 Mar 2000 02:25 #20906

• PMoore
  • Fresh Boarder
By definition I'm highly prejudiced, believe me and I readily admit it, but I'm a Strong fan. Super Lume-X is the best small lamphouse ever made, period. The Kneisly product is very reliable but I have a few problems with them - I don't like glass reflectors, still; and the reflector design is still archaic and inefficient with a xenon light source.

Pat Moore

Re: Best film projection xenon lamphouses 05 Mar 2000 14:26 #20907

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Yes, I agree that Super Lume-x is the best (and still in production after 20 years). I also like the Strong UTILLITY carbon arc lamphouse, too.

Re: Best film projection xenon lamphouses 10 Mar 2000 00:43 #20908

• jrjrfm
  • Fresh Boarder
Another product that Pat has not mentioned is the Strong replacement reflector kit for the early Christie CH-10 & 20 consoles and the H-10 & 20 lamps..THIS KIT IS THE BEST!!!
It places the optics of the super-lume-x inside the old Christie lamp..I have installed many in theatres that could not afford to buy NEW lamphouses or consoles, the worst result I achieved was tripling of the light output! The best was close to FIVE times the original output and a much more even field! With NO beam spreader glass!!
Highly recommended and ***HALF*** the price of the Christie Reflector upgrade! Also, takes only 1-1 1/2 hours to install! Less after you have done a couple! Kudos Strong!!
If you need more information on this product & pricing, Contact John at www.nteequip.com

[This message has been edited by jrjrfm (edited March 10, 2000).]

Re: Best film projection xenon lamphouses 15 Jun 2001 19:45 #20909

The superlumex is the best north american lamphouse with the Xenex a close second
Overall the absolute best is the Kinoton
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction