Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Booth Something for the walls?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Something for the walls?

Something for the walls? 29 May 2001 23:52 #20889

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
So, I’m upgrading my sound system. I figured I could do some simple changes in the auditorium to kill some of the acoustic reflection. But, no. I had to go shoot myself in the foot and tell the city what I want to do. So, everything I’m even thinking of putting on the wall has to have a fire rating that I can’t seem to approach. Has anyone out there found sound panels or a fabric to do a sound fold with that is fire rated? Obviously, I’m not into dumping a huge sum on money into this. Thanks.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Something for the walls? 30 May 2001 09:18 #20890

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Many cities have laws on the books about wall coverings and other fabrics in theaters having to be fire proof. Some fabrics can be purchased already treated with the fireproofing while others have the fireproofing spray applied after installation on the wall.

Check out the website of the best and most well known theater wall covering maker, Soundfold, at www.soundfold.com

Re: Something for the walls? 31 May 2001 22:53 #20891

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks, Ken. I contacted sound fold and their prices seem quite resonable. I'll let oyu know how it goes. Paul
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Something for the walls? 08 Jun 2001 18:35 #20892

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
Fireproff fabrics are not only not very expensive they are safe. One time I was at a dinner when someone reached across the candle and their flannel shirt instantly burst into flame. The candle flame raced up the sleeve and lit up the woman's hair! The reaqson they call for fireproof stuff is because of past tragedies. Anyway.... make a frame of 2 X 1 and stretch the stuff the way you would a canvas for a painter. You work from the center of each run stapling out toward the corners. Big panels will do miracles toward dampening echo.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction