Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Noisy Christie H-40 lamphouse blowers

Noisy Christie H-40 lamphouse blowers 09 Jul 2000 16:07 #20887

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Our Christie H-40 horizontal xenon lamphouses at the Skyline Drivein (Shelton, Wash.) were really getting LOUD and had alot of vibration. So much so that I had to shout to people who come to the booth.

Well, I finally got around to removing the top cover and lo and behold, BOTH blowers in there had completely flattened out rubber grommets on the mounting brackets. I went to Radio Shack and got a package of assorted rubber grommets (64-3025, only $1.49 for 30 of 'em). That fixed most of the noise and vibration problems. Then I removed the squirrel cage and cleaned the "fins" of it with mineral spirits and a large automotive parts cleaning brush. After drying it, I put everything back together and oiled the motors with "3-In-1 Electric Motor Oil". The motors each have 2 oil holes clearly marked on them. Everything is MUCH quieter now and I can talk to people in the booth in a normal voice without having to shout.

By the way, the original Dayton blowers used in these lamphouses, # 4C005, have been superceeded by # 4C446 if you ever need to replace them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Noisy Christie H-40 lamphouse blowers 09 Jul 2000 16:30 #20888

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have two new Christie SL1 lamphouses in my back booth. They are also very loud. They have Fasco motors direct driving squirlcage fans on top of the lamphouse. They make my Strong X-90 consoles silent by comparison.

We don't hang out in the back booth much.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction