Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Big Sky platter question

Big Sky platter question 20 Mar 2000 11:42 #20883

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
Okay so it's not a light issue but it's very near the big bulbs so perhaps you guys will have an opinion on Big Sky vs. Speco 270 platter? We're about to munch on one and Sky is 500.00 less $.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Big Sky platter question 20 Mar 2000 20:08 #20884

We have a Speco LP 280 and it's much better then the old SuperPlatter we used to have. We've had it since Nov and still haven't had a brain wrap. My only beef with it is that it is a lot slower then the Superplatter at build up and break down. Other then that it's been great. I don't have any experience with Big Sky platters but I hope this helps.

Colin Wiseley
Lyric Theatre
Blacksburg VA
www.thelyric.com

Re: Big Sky platter question 20 Mar 2000 22:18 #20885

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I've seen the Big Sky console and their automation system. Both of them are a joke! Their platter is probably the same. I'd say you'd be throwing your money away on Big Sky. They don't even have a website.

Re: Big Sky platter question 21 Mar 2000 00:14 #20886

• jrjrfm
  • Fresh Boarder
I can tell you that the SPECO LP-270 is still my favorite platter of all time. I've sold many, ran many, and consider it the top of the line for the money. Mark Smith, owner
of Big Sky is a freind of mine of many years, he worked at Xetron for a long time, and grew up in theatres in Montana. I have seen the new Big Sky Platter, I think it is quite well
designed, and it appears to be quite reliable. I know for a fact that just like SPECO, Big Sky is a small company that will take care of your needs or problems. If you have SPECO platters in other theatres, I say KEEP THEM THE SAME! If not, it wouldnt hurt to give the new guy on the block a try! (Remember how Cinema Film Systems got started!) Good luck!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction