Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk Da Vinci Code Protests
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Da Vinci Code Protests

Re: Da Vinci Code Protests 02 Jun 2006 22:51 #20693

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
I jokingly told one of our local pastors who comes in regulary for popcorn after his Sunday evening sermon that I hoped he didn't protest this film when we show it. He told me he was planning on coming to see it himself. He was even telling his congregation that they should see it if they felt their faith was strong enough and to just remember it is just a movie.

On another note, I found this on [url=http://www.mlive.com:]www.mlive.com:[/url]

MARQUETTE, Mich. (AP) — School officials facing angry community members defended a Marquette Senior High School class field trip to see "The Da Vinci Code."

The movie, based on a fictional book by Dan Brown, is set in France and deals with the investigation of a mystery that raises questions about the foundations of Christian belief.

"This is a violation of separation of church and state," said Chris Kostelansky, a pastor with Faith In Christ Fellowship. "It was very insensitive of any teacher in a community such as ours with 50 percent of the population being Catholic and 25 percent being Protestant to take students to a movie that's so anti-Christian."

The school's foreign language department conducted the trip so students could "view the movie with the setting of Paris, France, to hear the dialect of the movie and to be aware of the setting of the movie," Superintendent Jon Hartwig said during Wednesday's school board meeting.

All students who made the trip had their parents' written permission, Hartwig said, adding that the only complaints have come from parents and individuals not directly associated with it.

Kostelansky said he has not seen "The Da Vinci Code" but has read reviews and seen documentaries about the film.

Too me, it is just plain idiotic that these people are complaining when parents of all the students involved gave written permission for their kids to go.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction