Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RetroRoadmap

RetroRoadmap 09 Nov 2010 00:04 #34851

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Several weeks ago my theatre was visited by a young lady that operates a website named RetroRoadmap.com. She travels around looking for unusual and nostalgic places that she feels many people would like to visit, and then posts a story and pictures about those places on her site.

This past week she posted such a story about my theatre, which I would like to share with all of you. I have posted many times my opinion that historic single screen theatres can be successful. Her story and photos may give some insight as to how that can happen.

http://retroroadmap.com/2010/10/28/roxy-movie-theatre-northampton-pa-best-unexpected-roadside-find-part-1/
and:
http://retroroadmap.com/2010/11/01/the-roxy-theater-northampton-pa-history-and-vintage-sign-video-bonus/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:RetroRoadmap 10 Nov 2010 16:55 #34857

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
What a great article. Really touched on everything from the past and present. It was like a professionally put together commercial for the theater that really put its best aspects in full view. From the well written story to the great pictures this will really have travelers stopping by your theater to take a look at this gem. I for one will be stopping by next time I am in Pa. for a throwback to when theaters were theaters with that beautiful neon.
You should be one very proud papa of the piece of history you have there!

Re:RetroRoadmap 09 Apr 2011 13:12 #35690

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction