Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk Interviews needed for doc on historic cinemas
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Interviews needed for doc on historic cinemas

Interviews needed for doc on historic cinemas 16 Jun 2010 11:06 #34154

We are currently seeking individuals interested in being interviewed for a documentary about the struggle of independent/historic theatres.

Specifically we are interested in hearing from:

- Theatre operators whose theatre is in imminent danger of closing down
- Theatre operators who have salvaged their business from the brink of destruction
- Theatre operators who are running unique events in their communities
- Individuals who have had a memorable life experience inside a historic theatre

- Anyone else with a strange, quirky, humorous or sad story involving a historic theatre

Interviews will be conducted in July, August and September of 2010. The cities we plan on filming include:

- Ottawa
- Toronto
- Detroit
- Cincinnati
- Nashville
- Memphis
- Little Rock
- Dallas
- Austin (League of Historic American Theatres Conference July 15th - July 18th)
- El Paso
- Tuscon
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Portland
- Seattle
- Vancouver

However, we can make arrangements to travel to other locations.

For more information about the film please visit loosewireproductions.com.

Advice, guidance and suggestions are all appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Imbrogno
Producer
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Interviews needed for doc on historic cinemas 16 Jun 2010 20:20 #34156

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Hello Dan.

While in doesn't appear that you will be traveling anywhere close to the Philadelphia territory, I would certainly be willing to talk shop with you on the telephone.

I have done most of what you listed above at one time or another. I own and operate a historic theatre built in 1920. It continues to operate as a commercial movie theatre 90% of the time and as a stage theater 10% of the time.

It was scheduled to close and meet it's maker when I acquired it back on June 1st, 1970. YES, 40 years ago. I have continued to restore it and redevelope it over the years to where it is now, and has been for quite a few years, the top grossing and most successful 2nd run single screen small town theatre in Pennsylvania. I make a comfortable full time living from this theatre.

I have a management formula for success that very few others agree with. Several other theatres have copied my formula with my permission and encouragement. The closer they have followed it the more successful they have become. Most think it's outdated and a waste of time and money. I'm successful and they're not... so go figure.

I'd be more then happy to discuss it with you.

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
www.roxytheaternorthampton.com
Last Edit: 17 Jun 2010 13:28 by RoxyVaudeville.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction