Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk Traveling to Houston, Texas
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Traveling to Houston, Texas

Traveling to Houston, Texas 29 Feb 2008 10:40 #20859

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
I am leaving Tuesday morning for Houston, Texas. I am traveling down there from Boston for a job interview so I really will not have anytime to check out the sites or anything. What I was wondering is if anyone on here is familiar with the area? What's the cost of living like? Housing costs? What is the area like to live in? Thank you inadvance for any help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Traveling to Houston, Texas 29 Feb 2008 12:56 #20860

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
I don't check this area often and I'm not sure anyone does...

Texas: it;s hot and cowboyish but has a liberal wild streak,,, you better learn the following Hook 'Em Horns!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Traveling to Houston, Texas 01 Mar 2008 00:10 #20861

• lionheart
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Houston is the largest city in Texas and the fourth largest city in the U.S. I've never been there, but I know some people who have lived there. They complained about the same kind of things that people from other major cities complain about. Traffic, congestion, etc., etc.

While it does have heavy western influence, as Mike pointed out, it's a pretty cosmopolitan place. It has everything you'd ever want. You can easily find data online about cost of living comparisons.

I can say that Texas is one of the few states that has no state income tax. On the other hand, property taxes were higher than I expected.

I lived west of Fort Worth for a few years recently, and I found home prices to be very reasonable there, but every market is different. You reallly have to check it out for yourself.

Good luck on your interview.

Re: Traveling to Houston, Texas 01 Mar 2008 00:16 #20862

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
I lived in TYLER TX for 2 years ...Houston is humid and hot hot in the summer...The locals have moved out in big numbers since hurricane katrina.
Rental housing is dirt cheap....
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction