Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk Them Hogs are Wild!!!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Them Hogs are Wild!!!

Them Hogs are Wild!!! 04 Mar 2007 13:09 #20812

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
Tremendous opening weekend at my place for this film. Only had one print and sure could have used another one though I begged. Ended up cancelling another film or two and interlocking to accomodate overflow. It seemed to attract lots of people that I've not seen as part of my regular crowd. Good crowd reaction and I think this will have some legs. 300 coming this weekend and has good buzz. Full theatres and lots of concession sales- I'm a happy but not too wild hog myself!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Them Hogs are Wild!!! 04 Mar 2007 13:24 #20813

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
We are packing them in also this weekend. Best crowd draw we have had since Night at the Museum. Customers exiting saying they either loved it or thought it was excellent. Can hear the crowds laughing up in the booth. Very good sign. Word of mouth should be excellent on this one. Critics were WRONG again!

Re: Them Hogs are Wild!!! 05 Mar 2007 09:38 #20814

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Yes it was wild. Each showing drew a bigger crowd. My evening on Sat even had more people than either matinee did ( WOW! )

It is a nice thing to have in the March with no holiday.

Re: Them Hogs are Wild!!! 05 Mar 2007 11:03 #20815

• editor
  • Junior Boarder
Never seen anything like it! Mostly adult crowd. They laughed so hard that people came in off the street to ask what was going on after hearing the laughter outside walking by. I agree, there should be legs on this one. Many have gone more than once already. Again very strange for the 40ish crowd.

Re: Them Hogs are Wild!!! 24 Mar 2007 03:06 #20816

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Playing strong here now. No drop off when moved to second theatre! How sweet is that?

Re: Them Hogs are Wild!!! 24 Mar 2007 22:28 #20817

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Still playing very strong for us in our 4th week. Our saturday attendance is only down 33% from our 1st week saturday. This one has the strongest legs I have seen from a major wide release in years. You 2nd run owner/operators really have something to look forward to!

Re: Them Hogs are Wild!!! 25 Mar 2007 01:13 #20818

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes, indeed. Had 163 tonight. Think I may hold it. Would be first holdover other than Pirates at that theatre.

Re: Them Hogs are Wild!!! 20 Apr 2007 11:34 #20819

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Just finished with it and it was the busiest movie we have ever had. By a bunch. Had nearly 1300 people over twelve shows. Seven of those shows were sell outs.

We've been very slow lately so we needed some financial and moral support and boy did we get it. The best part is they saw trailers for the next four shows I'm playing which will hopefully keep the trend going.
"What a crazy business"

Re: Them Hogs are Wild!!! 20 Apr 2007 17:45 #20820

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I ended up playing that movie for four weeks. The draw was amazing. The movie is really only funny in a large crowded auditorium, where the laughter is contagious.

Re: Them Hogs are Wild!!! 21 Apr 2007 16:53 #20821

• Larry Thomas
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I book a drive-in where's Wild Hogs is in the 8th week, having played in combination with a variety of films. This week, it's in third position (starting around midnight), and there are still people who come out just to see Wild Hogs. And they've seen it more than once already.

It's also interesting how many bikers come on their own "hogs." They're darn nice folks, and eat like they're starvin'.

Can't remember when a flick had legs like this.

Re: Them Hogs are Wild!!! 29 May 2007 13:10 #20822

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
This past Memorial Day weekend, Wild Hogs jumped up on the box office charts. The previous week it was at #17 with about $422,000 in 512 theaters. But this past weekend it jumped up to #10 with about $1.4 million in 426 theaters, and that's in the film's 13th week of release.

Does anyone want to take any bets that Disney will be making a sequel to Wild Hogs?

Re: Them Hogs are Wild!!! 01 Jun 2007 11:31 #20823

• Barry Floyd
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Wild Hogs moving back into the top 10.... I can see why. Just about every drive-in in the country (including mine) have it paired as the second feature behind Pirates. When Disney splits the Pirates take and applies a healthy portion of it to Hogs, anything will move up in the numbers.

I watched Hogs at my place last night while cleaning up and although it came out in March, it's still a pretty good movie.

Barry Floyd
Floyd Entertainment Group
Lebanon, Tennessee

Stardust Drive-In Theatre
Watertown, Tennessee
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction