Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Oscar Buzz

Oscar Buzz 22 Feb 2007 10:08 #20741

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
I don't know if it's just me, but how do you feel about all the Oscar Buzz that's going on. The build up is the issue, and surely all the stars, producers, and directors deserve all the fanfair nominations that they get. But does it start to early? Every trade magazine runs the same formats for months in advance. What do you think?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Oscar Buzz 22 Feb 2007 12:01 #20742

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
I love it.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Oscar Buzz 22 Feb 2007 20:16 #20743

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Even if most of my patrons don't watch the Awards show, the more attention to it the better. Curiosity will hopefully bring a few extra patrons in the door to see what all the hype is about when I do show one of the nominated films. I am showing THE QUEEN and DREAMGIRLS this weekend.

And for the studios to send their fare to dvd prior to the awards seems crazy to me. Seems like that would be the perfect time to re-release on the bigscreen or at least let the sub-runs have their fair shot.

I personally still haven't even seen several of the films. I think that is the public's turn-off for the show.

BTW, the phone just rang and the guy asked what was playing. I answered, "THE QUEEN." His response, "What is that about?" You can't lead them all to the water.

Re: Oscar Buzz 03 Mar 2007 10:31 #20744

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
See my Oscar post in the lobby form but all the buzz is good. I got an article in the paper for my contest and I got signs at all the local places who donated items for the contest and they all got advertised at my place to the more buzz for the industry the more people think of the movies!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction