Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk Regards to "The Aristocrats"
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Regards to "The Aristocrats"

Regards to "The Aristocrats" 02 Nov 2005 11:48 #20581

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
Have any of you who have played this film got emails from people who thought the movie was digusting? How did you go about warning potential viewers about the movies content?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Regards to "The Aristocrats" 02 Nov 2005 21:42 #20582

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
A few. They were warned when they bought thier ticket. So, when I get an email from my public about THE ARISTOCRATS or YOU & ME & EVERYONE WE KNOW, I start with, "Thank you for taking the time to write and I'm delighted you feel comfortable to share your concerns with me. Howver, I do not share those concerns..." and so on. Don't back down. Tell them you're happy to hear them out, but it will not change anything. The reality is most people just want to bitch. The movie happens to be a handy thing to pick on. Let 'em bitch. Just be careful not to feed the fire: "I think your religion is doo doo so I'm going to keep playing the movie," "If you'd been laid since Nixon was in the Whitehouse, you might be less senstive," or "We'll get along just fine without your future patronage." Those things are bad. Don't even think them when communicating with them. There will always be those who have a bone to pick. Let them feel listened to and heard and even if you have no intention of changing a thing, they will most likely leave happier. Save the rapier wit for after work.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Regards to "The Aristocrats" 04 Nov 2005 02:13 #20583

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Hi Avalon:

I think you offer some good advise down to the "However, I do not share those concerns...." part. I believe it is our responsibility as a provider of public entertainment to remain neutral regarding controversial matters and that line is not neutral. It's not only none of the public's business what your personal opinions are but making your opinions public could cost you some business. I'd encourage you to re-think your response.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: Regards to "The Aristocrats" 07 Nov 2005 17:58 #20584

• Alan_G
  • Senior Boarder
In lieu of ""However, I do not share those concerns...." I'd suggest something like:
    It is part of our mission to make critically acclaimed, limited release films available in our community. We know that some of these films contain controvercial material. We try to insure that our patrons are alerted to the nature of such material so they can make an informed decision about seeing a film.

If we have let you down on that score, I appologize. I would welcome any suggestions you may have for improving our effort to inform movie goers in advance.

Re: Regards to "The Aristocrats" 08 Nov 2005 02:07 #20585

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Stating I do not share their concerns lets them know why I am not removing the film. If I did share their concerns, I would not play the film and I will site examples as to when I have refused to play product due to concernes similar to theirs.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction