Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: An Introduction

An Introduction 17 Aug 2005 17:28 #20571

• sabre0link
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey everyone.. I wasn't too sure where to post an intro topic of myself.... So I hope this is as close to where it was supposed to go.

I am a theater manager at the AmStar 12 in Oxford, AL. (We currently have 6 theaters, plus two more under construction).

I started with AmStar 3 months ago, working Concessions at our Alabaster theater (14 screens). In a week I will reach my 2 month mark of being a manager.

I seem to be a rarity... I recently (the day I started training for work) graduated from a local university with a BBA. Though I didn't have the practical business experience, I had theoretical experience. Having that theory and seeing it work has helped me excel in the paperwork side of things.

Anyways, I thought I'd post something right now. I'm fixing to go to work.. I close tonight, and I will be cleaning afterwards (since we'll be previewing some movies, as well.. but I doubt I will).

As I've learned stuff from fellow managers in AmStar, I hope to learn stuff from ya'll as well.

Yes, I am southern, I just don't SOUND like it... except when I say certain words. Anyways..

Patricia
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: An Introduction 17 Aug 2005 22:07 #20572

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome Patricia. There are lots of experiences to share here.

Re: An Introduction 17 Aug 2005 22:40 #20573

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Welcome Patricia:

You've chosen a wonderful business to be in and it sounds like you're with a growing company. Good luck from an "old showman".

Bob Allen
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: An Introduction 23 Aug 2005 15:04 #20574

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
Patricia,

Welcome to the site and welcome to the business!

I started while in high school helping to twin a theater and then went to work as a doorman (usher), concession worker then the booth. I was promoted in Manager after a few years and now have my own theaters.

We will say I am decades older than you and leave it at that!

Ron
Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Re: An Introduction 24 Aug 2005 01:48 #20575

• sabre0link
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks all for the responses

I get to chat with the owner in a few days... it's time for the theater quality visit (roughly every month to 2 months.. or so).. So I will get my head rattled by his questions, though they are very good questions to ask

I love the fact that no one really understands the hours we keep... they seem to assume that we're either always open, or that we run normal business hours. heh.

Re: An Introduction 24 Aug 2005 10:01 #20576

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Welcome Patricia - There's always room for one more voice on our Forum Page.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction