Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk The Dirty Little Secret No One Wants To Acknowldege
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Dirty Little Secret No One Wants To Acknowldege

The Dirty Little Secret No One Wants To Acknowldege 03 Apr 2005 22:35 #20493

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I had considered calling this post "My Beautiful Launderette".

It is a well known "secret" in my area of the country that certain closely owned pizza parlors have a various white poweders on inventory which are not flour. Not that theses places don't make good pizza mind you but rather they also have another source of income for which the cash business serves as a laundry.

What is not as well known is how often the theatre business has been used as a laundry for green fabric. In my 40 years in this business there have been several instances which have fallen into what is sometimes referred to as the hushed rumor category.

Those of us who toil in this business know full well there is only some much profit in movie tickets, refresments and on-screen advertising. When I see some of the Xanadu like palaces now being built I simply cannot overcome the feeling that what these really amount to are large and ornate launderettes.

[This message has been edited by muviebuf (edited April 03, 2005).]

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Dirty Little Secret No One Wants To Acknowldege 04 Apr 2005 00:43 #20494

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Yeh, I've always wondered that myself. How can Regal and all those other big guys keep building all of these new buildings. Where is the money coming from?

Re: The Dirty Little Secret No One Wants To Acknowldege 16 Apr 2005 11:15 #20495

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
have you ever seen their grosses?

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction