Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk Perplexed About Sky Captain
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Perplexed About Sky Captain

Perplexed About Sky Captain 06 Oct 2004 11:33 #20451

I'm surprised that "Sky Captain" didn't do as well as I had hoped in my theatre. Did it do well at your theatre? It had a good cast and the story wasn't the worst it could have been. The FXs were outstanding, still it didn't move. Any thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Perplexed About Sky Captain 06 Oct 2004 13:05 #20452

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
I was disapointed with Sky Captain's performance at our 4 screen. I would have expected more for that one (and Mr. 3000) but no good. I wanted to see it, but didn't get a chance to. Oh well.

Re: Perplexed About Sky Captain 06 Oct 2004 16:41 #20453

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
The poster-o-meter works again! I know that I mentioned here that we had a poster hanging in the lobby for months with zero interest in it. It was originally supposed to be a big summer movie but Paramount knew it wouldn't work against the big boys so they moved to Fall. We knew it wouldn't even work then because of that poster-o-meter and we skipped it. Our booker didn't get that message somehow and asked Paramount for a copy. They turned us down! Now I've even been turned down by Paramount for a movie I didn't even want! I hate Fall, eating humble pie gets old.

Re: Perplexed About Sky Captain 06 Oct 2004 19:05 #20454

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I saw it and didn't like it. I was fascinated with the backgrounds, but not with the script or the acting.

I ran into our local Academy Award winner at lunch today and he told me he had seen the best movie of the year while he was down in Southern California recently. I asked what movie was that and he said "Sky Captain". He said he wanted to see it again at my theatre. I told him I didn't like it and probably would not be getting it. He said he didn't know why it wasn't doing better at the box office.

Different opinions from extremely different backgrounds.

Re: Perplexed About Sky Captain 06 Oct 2004 20:19 #20455

• filmguy
  • Junior Boarder
I didn't see it as it didn't interest me. We did play it, however, and it tanked big time. Even had a zero night with it.

Re: Perplexed About Sky Captain 09 Oct 2004 10:57 #20456

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Didn't do to well here. Its a piece of art, and most people in our area would rather see a piece of crap like "Cheaper By the Dozen" or "NY Minute". That they find amusing. I liked the movie. But, you are right about no feedback concerning the one sheets in a lobby. We also had that super kewl standee up since June, with very little inquires about what the movie was about. Shame.

Re: Perplexed About Sky Captain 11 Oct 2004 09:11 #20457

I agree with you MovieGuy. There was no swearing, blood, or sex in the movie. This is what the mainstream movie goer seems to want these days. It was artful and in my humble opinion a fun film to watch.

[This message has been edited by SilverSpider (edited October 11, 2004).]

Re: Perplexed About Sky Captain 15 Oct 2004 15:00 #20458

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
It did so-so in our theatre. I thought the backgrounds looked phony and they apparently "soft-focused" the actors which made them look CG as well. We just finished the second week.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
"Back In The Saddle Again"
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.612 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction