Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk HIts New Hights - Spiderman!!!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HIts New Hights - Spiderman!!!

HIts New Hights - Spiderman!!! 06 Jul 2004 09:28 #20418

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
TOP STORY
'Spider' soars to historic B.O. heights
'Fahrenheit 9/11' continues boffo run

By Gabriel Snyder

Making more money in six days than any film in history, Sony's "Spider-Man 2" sold $180 million worth of tickets since Wednesday, according to studio estimates.
Leading strong box office results over the Independence Day weekend, "Spider-Man" grossed $115.8 million from 4,152 theaters during the 4-day holiday span. In its first six days, "Spider-Man 2" is running $36 million ahead of the 2002 original webslinger saga, which had a total U.S. take of $404 million and $822 worldwide.

While Spidey was responsible for more than half of all biz over the weekend, Michael Moore's controversial doc "Fahrenheit 9/11" continued its boffo run, grossing $21 million over four days after expanding to 1,725 runs. Cume on the doc, which is being distribbed by Lions Gate and IFC Films, now stands at $60.1 million. Largely helped by doubling its runs, pic had a shallow sophomore slump of just 31% Friday through Sunday compared with last week.

"America's Heart and Soul," a doc that had been embraced by conservatives as a counter to Moore's critique of the war on terrorism, opened weakly with just $173,000 from 98 theaters over the four-day span, according to Walt Disney Co. estimates.

Other pics debuting in limited runs did strong business, though, MGM's Cole Porter biopic "De-Lovely" opened with $384,000 from 16 screens over four days, giving it a strong $24,000 per screen average. Castle Rock's "Before Sunset," the first pic from the Warner Independent Pictures label, picked up $303,000 from 20 screens, a $15,150 average. Fox Searchlight's thriller "The Clearing" bowed on 56 screens, earning $647,098 during the frame, a $11,555 average.

Variety Magazine 07/06/04

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: HIts New Hights - Spiderman!!! 14 Jul 2004 11:03 #20419

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you Sony!

Remember two years ago I was pretty miffed at Sony for not giving me Spider-man on the break. When I got it four weeks out I still had to pay the big percentages as if I got it on day one.

This time around, my sales rep called me and gave it to me for two perfect weeks. It is still doing well, but another week would have pushed it.

My Sony sales rep is retiring tomorrow, darn it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction