Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Screener copied

Screener copied 15 Jan 2004 01:28 #20332

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Here's a link about an Academy Award screener of Something's Gotta Give that was distributed on the Internet. http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=794&e=6&u=/eo/20040113/en_movies_eo/13265

My neighbor's daughter came up last Friday and I told her to come to the theatre to see Something's Gotta Give. She told me she had already seen it on the Internet. Guess she reaped the benefit of that screener.

How are they/we going to deal with piracy?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Screener copied 15 Jan 2004 10:27 #20333

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
According to an NBC nightime news story yesterday, the industry has now set up dozens of false download sites that trace the location/identity of anyone who downloads from them, and the download automatically disappears after from the thief's computer after the download is complete! Prosecution then follows. Maybe this will help the situation, since they have now prosecuted hundreds of music downloaders from such as Napster. (It seems that all recordings are now micro digitized with identity labels inside the image or music that enables them to identify the origin of a particular print.)
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org

Re: Screener copied 15 Jan 2004 15:21 #20334

• Mike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
I know it's a problem but I have not noticed that people have stopped going to theatres.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction