Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain 19 Dec 2003 13:23 #20322

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
What's the buzz on "Cold Mountain?" It seems to be getting good reveiws and is up for the awards. How does it stack up in your eyes? It's always better to hear it from the film exhibitors veiw, just seems more genuine somehow.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cold Mountain 19 Dec 2003 13:26 #20323

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I like Nichol Kidman. I think she is a fine actress and to put it politely, I find her sexy.

But hearing her speaking with that sugary southern accent gave me the chills, I have zero interest in seeing Cold Mountain.

Re: Cold Mountain 25 Dec 2003 17:05 #20324

• Mudbrother
  • Senior Boarder
We had a sneak preview of Cold Mountain on Dec 9. It was a one time only show aimed towards the college students. We had about 400 people show up (we seat 477) which is not bad for one of these pre-screenings. (We pre-screened Red Dragon and I had to turn away about 500 people AFTER we sold out our 477 seats!!!) The reactions to the film were ok. I found Rene Zelwigger's accent a bit grating, but the movie seemed ok. Realize that we are in Southwestern Virginia and very close to the Cold Mountain area. We also have a high civil war interest in the area. The biggest buzz I heard was from our older community members that had read the book.

Rance
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction