Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk Which Holiday Kids' Flick
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Which Holiday Kids' Flick

Which Holiday Kids' Flick 27 Oct 2003 23:35 #20278

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
If you could only pick one (which is what I will have to do), which would you pick?
BROTHER BEAR
DR. SEUSS' THE CAT IN THE HAT
LOONEY TUNES: BACK IN ACTION
I have already passed on GOOD BOY-just no slot for it, and plan on passing on ELF-which looks entirely stupid. I am leaning toward the CAT IN THE HAT which is quite a radical move for someone whose last name is Sylvester! But then again, WB is the only studio I STILL have to pay an advance to, so barring blockbusters I prefer booking elsewhere. (Maybe they will read this and change their "toon"!)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Which Holiday Kids' Flick 28 Oct 2003 00:34 #20279

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Sufferin' succotash, Sylvester, you ask hard questions!... But my crystal ball says the Cat will have the longest legs... I'm a big fan of Bugs and the gang, but it's essentially a cartoon, and the Bear looks like it's aimed at the 10 and under gang... 'Course if I was smart, I'd be rich, so my advise is worth just what it costs!...

Re: Which Holiday Kids' Flick 28 Oct 2003 02:12 #20280

• CharlieBo
  • Gold Boarder
CAT IN THE HAT should be great.I also like HAUNTED MANSION.LOONEY TUNES just so-so.Also like CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN.PETER PAN a ??

Re: Which Holiday Kids' Flick 28 Oct 2003 08:10 #20281

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
I say CAT IN THE HAT and HAUNTED MANSION.

Re: Which Holiday Kids' Flick 28 Oct 2003 09:52 #20282

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I'm leaning towards HAUNTED MANSION

Re: Which Holiday Kids' Flick 28 Oct 2003 11:32 #20283

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
My crystal ball says "Haunted Mansion" and "Cheaper By The Dozen". I am afraid of Cat - the trailer looks awful.

[This message has been edited by muviebuf (edited October 28, 2003).]

Re: Which Holiday Kids' Flick 28 Oct 2003 12:12 #20284

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
The poster-o-meter picks Cat in the Hat and Cheaper By the Dozen. Disney will come out strong with advertising for Haunted Mansion and then the interest will pick up but I would still go for Cat if I only had one screen. Elf is going to be totally stupid but people seem to know that and are very interested anyway. Problem is that it is released too early for your single screen unless they give you a deal that lets you dump it before Thanksgiving so you can pick up Cat.

Peter Pan is questionable in my mind. The poster should be available this week so I will get a better look at how they are advertising it. The trailer looks like a takeoff on Pirates of the Caribbean rather than the cute kiddie movie I think people will be expecting. I am afraid we will have a scary movie that people will be trying to bring their tiny tots to see. Nevertheless we are planning to book it.

Looney Tunes - That will be our first WB since spring. Could be a real winner but I am afraid that its position as third in three weeks of kid films will hurt it.

Burney, I don't mean to rub this in but I feel like we have died and gone to heaven. Lots of kids film and we have screens to play them on. Yippee!

[This message has been edited by BECKWITH1 (edited October 28, 2003).]

Re: Which Holiday Kids' Flick 28 Oct 2003 15:36 #20285

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
What, am I the only one who loves the WB cartoon characters? That would be my vote, Burney, as there is more "action" with them than the others.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: Which Holiday Kids' Flick 28 Oct 2003 16:09 #20286

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
No Bob, you sure aren't the only fan of Bugs and his gang, and they are consistantly my favorite cartoon characters... But for a feature length motion picture, I think the Cat has the most potential of the 3 Burney asked about... My first pick goes with Haunted Mansion, but she only asked for a choice amoung the 3... I would try to use Mansion, Tunes, and Cat spaced out over a couple of months, and mixed with more adult stuff on alternate weeks...

Re: Which Holiday Kids' Flick 28 Oct 2003 19:37 #20287

i don't know if you are a 2 wk or 4 wk zone, but you can probably do Brother Bear into Haunted Mansion.
i saw the screening of elf today and liked it. I have to decide between that, master & commander & looney tunes for my 3rd screen (or maybe missing). Other 2 screens at Thanksgiving will be Cat In The Hat & Haunted Mansion

Re: Which Holiday Kids' Flick 31 Oct 2003 04:44 #20288

• Big Guy
  • Expert Boarder
Of those 3, Cat in the Hat. Looks really dumb in the previews, but I think people won't hesitate to come in droves and it's something they know they can bring their kids to see.

I am personally pretty interested in Peter Pan, but it looks like more of a teen-age and older version than a bring the baby along type of movie.

Re: Which Holiday Kids' Flick 31 Oct 2003 11:32 #20289

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
CAT IN THE HAT I think will have a big draw. Most of us have grown up on the Dr. Seuss tales and will bring the kiddies in just based on the name alone. It doesn't have to a great movie in our eyes for the kids to love it. Talking fish and those hyper little kidlettes running around will be a delight to the little ones eyes.

Re: Which Holiday Kids' Flick 03 Nov 2003 18:16 #20290

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
I went to my local post office today. It nearly took my breathe away to see all the advertising for the Cat in the Hat on display there. The last time I saw that kind of help from Uncle Sam it was for the Grinch. In my opinion don't argue with the Post Office (Remember that the Post Office knows who is Santa Clause after all - Miracle on 34th Street)

Re: Which Holiday Kids' Flick 03 Nov 2003 19:26 #20291

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Yep, that Cat hat seems to be showing up everywhere, usually without any mention of the movie... Wal-Mart flyer had the hat, Bugs, and the Bear showing up in the electronics section, and a TV cell phone ad ends with a shot of the hat... No mistaking that disctinctive Cat's hat!... Oughta stir up some interest...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction