Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk Will The Terminator Take On California?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Will The Terminator Take On California?

Will The Terminator Take On California? 24 Jul 2003 11:23 #20226

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
For the first time in its history California is facing recall with the current Gary Davis. There was talk that Arnold wanted the job. Now it seems that he will have to make his decision a bit faster then he had counted on. Will he bid for the job? What do think?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Will The Terminator Take On California? 24 Jul 2003 13:01 #20227

• Alysa
  • Senior Boarder
IMHO, Not a Chance!! He has nothing to gain and everything to lose. This monumental disaster in California is 100X bigger than any one person – even the “Terminator”.

While I suspect he may have political ambitions, (U.S. Senator?), but being the known as the Governor of a state that will most likely be forced to declare bankruptcy this year is not the kind of “baggage” you want to have hanging around your neck.

<remainder of post snipped>

Alysa

[This message has been edited by Alysa (edited August 07, 2003).]

Re: Will The Terminator Take On California? 30 Jul 2003 17:32 #20228

• Alysa
  • Senior Boarder
I just finished watching the local news and they say the “Terminator” will announce officially tomorrow that he will not run. Don’t know if that is “his” decision or the decision of Mrs. Terminator.

<remainder of post snipped>

[This message has been edited by Alysa (edited August 07, 2003).]

Re: Will The Terminator Take On California? 07 Aug 2003 09:05 #20229

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
Catching observers by surprise, Arnold Schwarzenegger said Wednesday he will run for governor in California's recall election. Schwarzenegger announced his decision on NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno." Several other potential candidates were waiting for Schwarzenegger's decision to launch or abort their own campaigns for Gray Davis' job. Also running is Gary Coleman of Different Strokes fame. "WHAT YOU TALKIN' BOUT."

From a clip from of VARIETY MAGAZINE.

Re: Will The Terminator Take On California? 21 Aug 2003 11:58 #20230

Arnold is getting backing, looks like he could really be a contender! I'm glad I left California when I did.

Re: Will The Terminator Take On California? 22 Aug 2003 08:14 #20231

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe he won't be Jessie Ventura, the former ex-professional wrestler who became governor of Minnesota, but his accent may lend a whole new 'accent' to California! At least as governor he may satisfy his regnal instincts, but then it will only be Calif. that may suffer, since the US constitution prevents him from being President, since he is foreign born. Can you imagine 'AHH-nold' as president? Oh, yes, that's right; we did have Bill Clinton. And to think that history would call such men "Statesmen."
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org

Re: Will The Terminator Take On California? 23 Aug 2003 16:07 #20232

• DJ Denis
  • Senior Boarder
Of course, we have had one professional actor already for governor of California and eventual President of the United States (Ronald Reagan). I think most Americans would agree that the current Commander-In-Chief and his acting unaware of pre-9/11 knowledge, the threats of global warming and the American economic downturn could rival any of Arnold Schwarzenegger's thespian work.
THE LAURIE JONES BAND
with special guest AMY FOX
and opening act IAN PARKER
in a benefit concert
Saturday, May 11th at 7:30 PM
Union Street Brick Church (126 Union Street, Bangor)

All proceeds benefit Community Radio WERU-FM
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction