Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk Will They Ever Learn
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Will They Ever Learn

Will They Ever Learn 01 Aug 2003 10:46 #20210

Tomb Raider:The Cradle of Life has the same things wrong with it as the first installment. The action was all there and it was dazzling. The storyline however was very thin. To make a great action movie you got to have two elements to make it go, action and a strong plot. It was told to me at some time that there were only three major plots that all stories are based on. Unfortunately this movie had none them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Will They Ever Learn 01 Aug 2003 14:55 #20211

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
It seems that Hollywood has gotten caught up in their own fascination with the computer and special effects. Then, of course, there are those action movie fans who don't give a rip about story line as long as the special effects are mind altering.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: Will They Ever Learn 02 Aug 2003 07:25 #20212

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
No Plot? Maybe its just that Hollywood has learned a thing from TV since the writers' strike a couple years ago. TV simply went to "reality" shows and other things that did not require real writers and effectively broke the union, I'm told. Now Hollywood has seen that they too don't have to pay high priced writers, since the vast majority of their movies are aimed at thoughtless teens anyway. It looks like 'revrobor' is right: give them 'action' and most don't care, and I might add, thow in lots of sex (explicit or implied) and they are satisfied. I think that for the most part, film as art is gone along with the movie palaces it was shown in.
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org

Re: Will They Ever Learn 08 Aug 2003 09:54 #20213

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
I saw Tomb Raider last week and I have to say that it was slightly better the first one. There was even a hint of storyline. The FXs were great but that was really all. If you went not being critical( that's hard I know), it was average movie experience.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction