Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk EFW type mgmt contract
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: EFW type mgmt contract

EFW type mgmt contract 04 Jun 2003 04:11 #20078

Hello folks
I am looking for ideas (and possibly a sample agreement) that an entity would make to manage a location that is fully equipped and vacant. This is the type of arrangement that Entertainment Film Works made with landlords.

Any help will be much appreciated.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: EFW type mgmt contract 04 Jun 2003 08:33 #20079

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
The first thing to do is make sure to pay your bills which is something that Entertainment Film Works didn't do.

Re: EFW type mgmt contract 05 Jun 2003 11:03 #20080

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
I am not exactly sure what type of agreement that EFW had with the landlord of my competitor theater. However, it looked like a lease to us. I am told that they were supposed to pay rent (more than we were willing to pay for that poor performing location). In fact it was the landlord that kicked them out for non payment of rent. They had just gotten new exterior signs up to replace the old Regal signs that very month. In fact the replacement management worked under the EFW signs from July to March of this year. Personally, I think that they just come to town promise whatever they have to to get their hands on a theater. If it works great, if it doesn't they leave town in a hurry. They have such a bad reputation with movie studios that they didn't impede us from getting the product we needed for our single screen in the same market.

Re: EFW type mgmt contract 05 Jun 2003 23:48 #20081

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
Do a search on Entertainment Film Works (EFW) on film-tech.com

EFW stiffed quite a few landlords for the rent and skipped town in the middle of the night. Their website no longer works.

Re: EFW type mgmt contract 08 Jun 2003 12:55 #20082

Thanks for the comments so far.
I might not have been clear, I know the jaded history of our "friends" at EFW (their home office was in Atlanta as we are). I am more interested in how to work a management deal with a landlord that has an empty and fully equiped theatre that is in a highly competitive location that is not viable to lease but might work if we received a fee to operate.

HELP!!!

Re: EFW type mgmt contract 08 Jun 2003 13:05 #20083

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
Try my friend Dave Fazende at Oasis Entertainment in Oak Harbor, Wash. His email is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it (his phone is 360-679-2560) and mention I sent you. I believe he's doing a "management/operating" deal at both the Stanwood and Bainbridge Island theaters similar to what you want to do. He should be able to help you with sample contracts.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction