Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 25th Mountainfilm in Telluride

25th Mountainfilm in Telluride 30 May 2003 14:14 #20074

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I just returned from working the 25th Mountainfilm in Telluride. This was my 5th year.

It's a wonder that anybody goes inside to view the videos.

This year I stayed in the Victorian splendor called the New Sheridan Hotel. The old Sheridan Hotel burned to the ground in 1885 only 5-years after it was built. This one was built using the salvaged bricks.

I spent most of my free time each day in the rooftop hot tubs available to the guests of the New Sheridan Hotel.

Nice view, isn't it?

The only other photo of note that I took is of Festival Director Rick Silverman and one of the filmmakers.

The rest of the show I was too busy to take photographs. But I have chronicled other Mountainfilms here at Big Screen Biz.

I work at the Nugget as a video projectionist. We used a Christie Roadstar X6 DLP projector this year with good results.

Best of show awards went to Amandla! A Revolution in Four-Part Harmony. We opened the film here at the Rialto this week. So it's good I didn't see it there. I hear the Soundtrack is very good.

There were many short films that were inspirational or very educational. The theme this year was Tibet. We even had the Dali Lama's Ambassador at Large attending the seminar.

The high point of my show was that I got to Call Sir Edmond Hillary ("just call me Ed") in Katmandu Nepal on the occasion of his 50th anniversary of the first accent of Everest. He is 83 years old. David Breshirs talked to him on the phone in the auditorium at the Nugget Theatre.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction