Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Matrix: Reloaded

The Matrix: Reloaded 27 May 2003 11:27 #20071

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
This question is kind of directed to Large if he's out there. There was a post awhile back about movie stars making or breaking a picture. Large answered with;"It's about the story." Well, maybe I'm a little dense here but I found the story line of The Matrix:Reload a bit thin. If it's about the story and this story was thin, why did it do as well as it did?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Matrix: Reloaded 27 May 2003 14:02 #20072

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Greetings from Mountainfilm in Telluride.

Matrix Reloaded was a drop kick no-brainer. Of course it was going to make money. And my problems with the film in no way deminish my appriciation for the Warchosky Brothers. Those guys rock. Of course it was going to make a ****-load of money the first weekend. They put 8,500 prints out there. The first Matrix was so good and so suprising that everybody wants to see the sequel. there have been only three critisisms with the sequel:

1. It was a bit long and draggy.

2. It wasn't the suprise that the first one was, how could it? In the first Matrix the Neo charactor changes throughout the movie. In the second one, he doesn't change at all. How boring is that?

3. They left out the movie jokes in the sequel that were in the origional Matrix.

How do I know all this. Well the Nugget Theatre in Telluride is running the Matrix for three days before they get Reloaded on Friday. I watched it again last night. It totally rocks.

The coolest part of Reloaded were the new charactors. Trust me, I'll be there for #3 just like everybody else.

Re: The Matrix: Reloaded 30 May 2003 04:49 #20073

• Big Guy
  • Expert Boarder
Admit it, though: The third installment will not be as anticipated or do as well. The weaknesses of the second will hurt the final installment! For comparison, the strengths of LOTR: The Two Towers will only enhance the box office value of the third one! The mark of a truly great story and franchise!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction